PC4 Aftertouch?

Reaction score
I just purchased the PC4. With a few exceptions of build quality thoroughly enjoying the sounds of this keyboard. I know it has Aftertouch but haven’t been able to find any program that uses it. Am I missing something. A setting to turn it on? Can anyone who has one point me where I can adjust it or test that it’s working.

First time owning a Kurzweil and otherwise loving the richness of many of the sounds on this board.

Reaction score
Welcome.

Until someone with a PC4 comes along with a difinitive answer

If you seek all the entries in the manual for Monopressure one should provide the answer.

You could also have a look in the Velocity section of the keyboard Menu system

Last edited:
Reaction score
I just purchased the PC4. With a few exceptions of build quality thoroughly enjoying the sounds of this keyboard. I know it has Aftertouch but haven’t been able to find any program that uses it. Am I missing something. A setting to turn it on? Can anyone who has one point me where I can adjust it or test that it’s working.

First time owning a Kurzweil and otherwise loving the richness of many of the sounds on this board.
Hi. You have to press firmly down on the keys to activate after touch. I have a PC4 too. Purchased in 2019.
Hope this helps!

Reaction score
Slide your finger up toward the rear of the key when you want to initiate aftertouch. Right around where the front end of the black keys seems to be where the aftertouch is most sensitive.

Reaction score
After touch in adjustable in the Global Mode.
Press the Global button/Main 2 soft button and select the Pressure map parameter. you can view the settings by turning the wheel or curser buttons. Obtain the manual and turn to page 9-10. There you will find settings for adjusting the amount of pressure.
It will give further explanation for each setting.
Easiest
Easier
Easy

Linear

Hard
Harder
Hardest

Ask a Question