Problem with MIDI configuration

Fra

Reaction score
Hi, i have a p-85 keyboard that i tried to connect on my pc with an usb-midi cable.

When i use fl-studio i can see the keyboard but when i play a note it stucks with that note until i close the instrument (it's also bugged cause it plays just some notes). So i thought that the problem was that i didn't install the driver.

So I installed the driver from the official site but when i run it it says Error 25001 No device is connected. Can someone help me?

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
First of all a keyboard manufacturer's drivers are worse than useless for a USB MIDI interface,

Remove it.

Secondly, those interfaces are class compliant meaning they require NO DRIVERS to work.

Thirdly, they won't show up in your computer as anything other than a generic Sound/MIDI device.

THAT'S what you have to look for when configuring your DAW.

Lastly, MIDI Connections are Token Ring Networks, meaning that MIDI OUT always connects to MIDI IN and vice versa.

Google offers plenty of resources explaining MIDI and you should probably check out a few tutorial videos for your DAW on Youtube.

Gary ;)

Reaction score
Hi, i have a p-85 keyboard that i tried to connect on my pc with an usb-midi cable.

When i use fl-studio i can see the keyboard but when i play a note it stucks with that note until i close the instrument (it's also bugged cause it plays just some notes). So i thought that the problem was that i didn't install the driver.
As Gary said, no driver is needed. (Though his IN/OUT warning is not the problem either, since if that were connected the wrong way, you'd get nothing at all, and you are getting something.) Which USB-MIDI cable are you using? M-Audio Uno doesn't work with some Yamahas, and I wouldn't have full confidence regarding the generic no-name ones, either.

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
BTW, occasionally you get a USB MIDI interface from Amazon that's DOA out of the box.

The only way to diagnose is to buy two and swap one out or invest in a MIDI tester or a scope or a DVOM.

Or you could take it to a music store and ask them to test it for you.

Gary ;)

Ask a Question