PSR-e423 - Has anyone managed to get the A-B repeat to work without the metronome?

Reaction score
Hi.
I have a PSR e423 and am trying to record my own background music using drum beats and other instruments. I am successful in recording the various sounds to various tracks of User 1, for example, but when I play it back using Repeat A-B, it does repeat but with the metronome before each repeat.

Does anyone know how to get rid of the metronome before each repeat? :confused:

Thanks,
Anjaan Aadmi

Reaction score
I'm not sure, but usually there's a count-in before the sequencer actually starts recording.

So it might just be the pre-count before the actual recording starts.

Reaction score
Sorry, can't help you then. I don't own the keyboard and the first advice was mere speculation :)

Reaction score
This is an old thread but if you haven't found the answer yet, you have to turn off the 'count in' feature. It is not the metronome you hear but so many beats on a drum to tell you the rhythm. Metronome sounds will never record as such. You can however switch the metronome on while recording as a guide but the sound will no be on you recording.

Reaction score
Dick,
I did not find any "count in" function. I went through all the functions. Also there is no "count in" button on the keyboard.

This is an extremely irritating feature. The huge music shop where I bought this asked me to go to a forum for an answer. Other people on this forum told me I have bought too cheap a keyboard to expect it "not" to do that!

It seems like a useless feature to have the metronome play 8 beats before playing back your own song.

Reaction score
PSR E413 and PSR 423 are very good starter keyboards and as the 423 is a ‘basic’ arranger keyboard you can load and ‘tweak’ external styles, midi's etc.

Anjaan,
This is what I wrote before on various fora although I am not familiar withe these models myself. If you go to the earlier mentioned PSRTUTORIAL.COM there are many very helpful guru's on this special (the best) Yamaha forum. I am sure you will get an answer very soon. Nonsense you bought wrong, you have a very fine keyboard.

To you Anjaan and Y-Man
If the recording you are talking about is already in midiformat than Google and download PSRUTI for free. That gives you the pos to easy delete (OR ADD) a count in, change voices or pitch and a heck of a lot more.

YMan.... The pause is of course instead of the now non audible 'count in' beats.
I don't know much about the Casio arranger although I also own a WK7500 I don't 'arrange' much on it. There must be a possibility to delete the beats. But with PSRUTI it is a piece of cake, you can also BATCH a whole folder with midi's to take rubbish out. It is designed mainly for Yamaha but I use it also for my Casio and it works very well.
I hope this helps you both and others who might have the same problem.

Regards
DickR

The Y_man

Reaction score
Actually - DickR, your WK7500 will have the same innards as my CTK7000 - can you put a mid file on your SD card, go into the card mode and play it back with the repeat mode on? Would like to know if you get the pause as well...

The Y-man

Reaction score
Thanks Dick. I have registered on psrtutorials to ask this question.

BTW, would you know how to download styles as mp3 files from psrtutorials? Could not find it on my initial search.

Thanks,
Anjaan.

Reaction score
Anjaan, just a quicky,
Styles are MIDI's in short, you can not download them as MP3. Midi is NOT music but a sort of language. Read this I wrote before:

You have to understand that song-files (and styles etc) created and saved on a keyboard are in MIDI-format. In short: Midi is NOT music but a stream of commands telling the keyboard which key to play, for how long, how loud, what effect and voice to use (piano, saxophone, violin or guitar etc.) See Midi as music printed on paper, you need a musician to translate it into audible music. Knowing that now, a MIDI-song, just like this sheet-music, is not audible as such, it has to be ‘translated’ into audible sound by a ‘musician’ and that is your keyboard in this case and you can hear the ‘translation’ by using a pair of headphones, a connection trough Line/Aux Out (if available) to your stereo-set or of course trough the ‘onboard’ speakers.

I hope you understand it.
Take care
Dick

Reaction score
Anjaan,

I don't use these programs, I don't know.

Y-Man
Mmmm, I loaded a midi and it does wait a few (about 3) seconds before the repeat starts playing.
Doesn't bother me but I would like to know why. I suppose it is the same time that it takes for the (now soundless) count in beats.

The Y_man

Reaction score
Y-Man
Mmmm, I loaded a midi and it does wait a few (about 3) seconds before the repeat starts playing.
Doesn't bother me but I would like to know why. I suppose it is the same time that it takes for the (now soundless) count in beats.

Thanks for confirming - now I know it isn't just me :D

The Y-man

Reaction score
Hello Anjaanaadmi
i have your same problem so in the end..i dont wanna hear the metronome....how did u fix it? Pls let me know!!!

Ask a Question