Roland Vr09 and Studiologic mp113

Reaction score
Does anybody know how to make this work? I just want to used the pedalboard mp113 mainly to play bass organ tones. Please help

Reaction score
Hi,

You must get the pedalboard to transmit on MIDI channel 2. Connect the MIDI out on the pedals to MIDI in on the keyboard. Then you would split the organ into 3 parts.

Sorry, I don't have the Roland any more, or I would hook it up and give you better instructions. I wasn't real impressed playing the 3 part organ. It worked, but wasn't quite what I was looking for. I traded with a guy that wanted the Roland and he offered me an even swap for a Hammond SK1-73. The synths and pianos are better on the Roland, but I use the organ more.

Reaction score
I am showing 2 different error message. One states connection error occured and the other one is buffer full

Reaction score
I don't think the MIDI channel matters. I can play the VR-730 from another synth using any MIDI channel (channel 10 play drums). When I use the Studiologic MP-113 I get "A MIDI transmission error has occurred" or "MIDI Buffer Full" errors. Did you come up with a solution?

Reaction score
MIDI channel does matter when connecting a device to a VR09/VR730. The fact that you get sound using something set for any channel doesn't mean you necessarily get the sound you want. Channels have specific part assignments and functions in the VR world.

As for the buffer full problem, I'm guessing that maybe the pedal board sends out active sensing and the VR doesn't like it. You may need to add a device (like a box from MIDI Solutions) to filter it out.

Reaction score
Someone asked me to do an experiment yesterday and route the MIDI signal through MIDI-OX on my computer and now I can play on the VR. I see the Yamaha Reface sends active sensing messages but the MP-113 doesn't. The Reface workes as a MIDI controller directly into the VR so it's something else causing the problem. Maybe just a weak signal? I am actually waiting for a MIDI merge box so I can try that when it arrives.

Reaction score
The MP-113 can't power the MIDI merger. The light don't turn on and it doesn't work. Both the Reface and Roland VR can power it. But it also seems like the Roland may not be sensitive enough because the pedals can play the Reface and my old Midisport 2x2 can receive the signal.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Does anybody know how to make this work? I just want to used the pedalboard mp113 mainly to play bass organ tones. Please help
I have the same setup an same issue a VR-09 and a studiologic mp-113, what did you do to get this setup to work

Ask a Question