Roland vs Yamaha question

Reaction score
The stretchy ones are useless. They are dust sponges.

The Yamaha one looks decent but do you really want a Yamaha Logo on your gear?

The other two guys I listed make quality products, with or without custom embroidery as per your order.

I've dealt with Larry at LeCover many times.

Just call him on his Illinois number during a weekday after 10 AM CT and he'll fix you right up.

He's very hands on and does a great job of making and shipping quality custom dust covers.

He's a small businessman who goes the extra mile for his clients.

Gary ;)
Gary, spoke to Larry, Lecover is bit more... have you or anyone owned them both? My guess is go with better price (Larry)?

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
I've bought over a dozen covers from Larry over the past two decades.

I bought one cover from the other guys last month for my minilogue.

I'd say LeCover is the better quality of the two.

Gary ;)

Reaction score
Thanks Gary, ordered it.... question back flap for cables, does that allow in too much dust, or over-thinking it?... Too much hassle to unplug calble every day right?

Reaction score
I'm looking at Yamaha DGX-660 and the Roland Juno-DS88.

Anyone very familiar with both, and have any opinions? Thanks.

(I was leaning to the Yamaha P-125, but decided maybe it's better to get more cool sounds with a good normal piano feel/ sound too....
My Yamaha DGX 600 series is many years old, & Juno DS-88 1 year old. Both weighted keys, Yamaha has on board speakers, none w Juno! Juno superior tones/voices, though
Hard to recall mid-song. Must save best voices to favorites & punch in w pads!
If you gig & move it around you have a sound system that interfaces; Roland better there! If sitting in home & Learning, Yamaha a better smaller package! Keep playing & move along = best advice. Your music is you!

Reaction score
I'm looking at Yamaha DGX-660 and the Roland Juno-DS88.

Anyone very familiar with both, and have any opinions? Thanks.

(I was leaning to the Yamaha P-125, but decided maybe it's better to get more cool sounds with a good normal piano feel/ sound too....
I bought a DGX 660 brand new in 2017.
All I can usefully say, is that it wasn't a good buy. The arranger capabilities are very limited, and the compatibility with other music files (even Yamaha ones) is lamentable.

Great to play, but as an arranger keyboard, forget it.

Reaction score
OTOH, even if DGX660 is limited as an arranger, if it is arranger features you are looking for, it is still more of an arranger than the DS88. If an 88-key arranger is what you want, I don't know if there's anything else you could have gotten in the same price range that would have been better. I guess Casio PX360 was the competitor that has arranger features, but I don't think its arranger features are any better, maybe even not as good, I"m not sure, I've never looked into that in detail. A relatively low cost 88-key arranger would be Korg Havian 30, which is discontinued now. Still pricier than the Yamaha/Casio though.

Reaction score
Kevs

As you have not been here for a couple of days I presume that all your spare time is taken getting to grips with the Juno.

How is it going?

Reaction score
Thanks Biggles and Gear.. just still setting up... Speakers just came, and cover, from Larry, great cover, will report back, but I'm sure things will work out.. let you know. BTW email notification not working great .

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
Yeah, Larry's been supplying me with keyboard covers for almost 20 years now.

I wouldn't steer ya wrong....

Gary ;)

Reaction score

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
Looking at the pictures, I notice that the keyboard is sitting off center a fair bit.

If possible, you may want to widen the stand another 4 or 5 inches and center the board a bit better.

Otherwise if you play crescendo on the top octaves it could tip.

Gary ;)

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
I just measured my stand. I have the outside width set to 27.5 inches.

That should hold your DS88 quite securely in most conditions.

Gary ;)

Reaction score
Thanks, Gary, I called ON Stage and they said the width (not height), does not change, fixed, so I assume all same right?

It widens? This OnStage rep was long winded dude. Can you send a screenshot? Right jiggles a bit, but tightened it. Still jiggles just a tad, but don't think big deal..

Also where do you put the board, in front, center, back, does that matter?

Also: I the headphone jack will now share the headphones for weekends, nights and speakers, get one of these?

Do they make these with an A/B switch on it?

Ask a Question