Sheet Music REST / STAND

Reaction score
2 options come to mind...

Get a piece of stiff plastic (or a thin strip of 3/8" plywood painted black) that is longer than the cracks by 2" or 3" on both sides; and then superglue it to the case to provide support for the cracked area.

OR -- since you use heavy music books...

"Carefully" screw (use very short screws! and make sure there are no components where the screws go in!) a 90-degree corner bracket (1.5"x1.5" or 2"x2") to the back of the case to support the music rest when it's in position. One leg of the bracket goes down from each cracked area, the other leg sticks out horizontally, and is positioned so the music rack rests solidly upon it.

Good luck.

Old No7

I'd do a version of this. I'd probably use JB Weld for glue and an aluminum strip.

Reaction score

Attachments

• 2. Stand in place - side view.jpg
    2. Stand in place - side view.jpg
    129.7 KB · Views: 5
  • 6. Stand in place.jpg
    6. Stand in place.jpg
    168.4 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:

Rayblewit

Love Music / Love Life
Reaction score
Warning to all . .

Although I have fixed my keyboard music rest (and I did a superb job too :) as well it is now rigid and robust)
The warning is for all to be wary of HEAVY books. Over time the plastic housings of our keyboards do become brittle and weak.
Some of these books weigh over 1.5Kg (3.5 pounds roughly).
Never again will I use these books. on my KB rest.
1. Take photo copies of relevant pages. . . OR
2. Use a separate music rest as Biggles suggested and also Happyrat1 and others. (scroll up for links)

Ray

Attachments

• IMG_4835.JPG
    IMG_4835.JPG
    204.2 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_4836.JPG
    IMG_4836.JPG
    157.8 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:

Ask a Question