Smart Pianist

Reaction score
Hi there

I'm considering Clavinova CVP 701.
My Yamaha dealer recommended CSP 150.
It looks and sounds very interesting with Smart Pianist
QUESTION:
Can I load my styles? ( .sty format of course)

Thanks in advance
M

Ad

Advertisements

SeaGtGruff

I meant to play that note!
Reaction score
I don't see anything on Yamaha's site or in the manual which suggests that the CSP-150 can load or play external style files. Furthermore, it can apparently play only 1 Intro, 1 Ending, and no Break with the built-in styles, although it can play the usual 4 Mains and 4 Fill-Ins.

In contrast, the CVP-701 is able to play Yamaha Style File Format GE style files (or SFF2)-- although, as with other Yamaha SFF2-compatible models, I imagine it should be able to load SFF1 style files and automatically convert them to the SFF2 format-- and it has a Style Creator feature for creating and editing your own styles. Furthermore, it can play up to 3 Intros, 3 Endings, and 1 Break per style (depending on how many are included in a given style file), in addition to the usual 4 Mains and 4 Fill-Ins.

Reaction score
Thanks SeaGtGruff.
Anyone else on the forums maybe using this set up? CSP WITH Smart Pianist?

Ad

Advertisements

Reaction score
Hi Mayo Vox!

I use a CSP-170, iPad and Smart Pianist since nearly 2 years. I am a beginner and play with falling lights mostly.
Great Fun, but its hard to change voices during play, so I tried to program Sysex on Midi-FIles changing the voices. I found a solution shortly, but there are problems to switch on left and layer, also to set a splitpoint.
If there is anyone interested on my work please contact.
Bye Harald

Ask a Question