Springy Key sound

Reaction score
I bought a yamaha dgx 660 about 2 years ago. Noticing today that I can hear a springy sound after hitting one of the keys, but I'm pretty sure I've noticed it for a bit and didn't think much of it at the time. Any clue what this might be down to? Is there a way to clean that area incase something got in there (solid or dried liquid), should I go to the seller or bring it in to a repair shop? I've been getting pretty into learning and this is such an annoying setback now that I'm starting to make progress. Any opinions would be appreciated!

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
First check your receipt and your warranty terms. It may still be under warranty. Did you by any chance buy an extended warranty?

Either way, by the questions you are asking your best bet is to take it in for service at an authorized service shop.

Who pays for the repair depends on whether or not it's still under warranty.

Gary ;)

Reaction score
First check your receipt and your warranty terms. It may still be under warranty. Did you by any chance buy an extended warranty?

Either way, by the questions you are asking your best bet is to take it in for service at an authorized service shop.

Who pays for the repair depends on whether or not it's still under warranty.

Gary ;)
I bought it in April/May 2019 from guitar centre. I think it comes with a three-year warranty.

Ask a Question