SY22 - Help me please.

Reaction score
Hi there, I found ina old box a Synt Yamaha SY22 is to old I know but I use it only for my harmony students (I am a trumpeter)

Unfortunately no signal at all come out from "Output left and right" so I must bring signal by Headphone output, this work well.

On display I can see "Memory protected, NO to exit"

I don't know if it is correlated to my problem or not.

I have not owner manual and the keyboards are a mysterious world in my mind...

Thanks a lot for you help.

Stefano

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
First of all you should try and find out if it has an internal battery that needs to be replaced.

Then you should try a factory reset.

Those would be my first two steps.

Gary ;)

SeaGtGruff

I meant to play that note!
Reaction score
Last edited:
Reaction score
I've got one of these bad boys at home. It sits in the shed and gathers dust these days - my long term plan is to repair a couple of minor faults with it and use it as a midi controller - I like the action on it. The sounds on it are pretty dated but it should be fine for your purposes of helping your music students with their pitching.

Page 22 and 73 of the manual that Michael has provided should help you understand what's happening with "Memory Protect". But you should still be able to use the keyboard regardless.

tumblr_oz4l8x1xxG1ual3guo1_500.jpg

Ask a Question