The Rat Survives!!!

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
Thanks Paul.

I've been doing so much work on remixes for bandcamp the past few months that it was nice to create something original and new today for a change.

It's nice to know that I haven't lost my chops yet. :)

Gary ;)

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
BTW, synths used in this production included Kurzweil PC3K8, Studiologic Sledge 2.1, Novation Ultranova, M-Audio Venom, Behringer Deepmind 6 and Alesis SR-18.

Sequenced and recorded entirely under Linux using Cakewalk 9.01 Home Studio running under Wine Windows Emulator.

With the weather outside it's a good time to practice cocooning and work on my tracks :)

Gary ;)

Reaction score
Great song and performance Gary.

Keep Destroying Eardrums.

Thanks for the info on what ket you used.

Cool video to go with the music, how did you create that?

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
The Video was created on Linux using ProjectM and Vokoscreen Video Capture Program.

On Windows there's a fork off the ProjectM software that goes by the name Milkdrop.

I thank you for the appreciative comments and strongly advise cranking up the bass when you listen this particular tune. Either use a good set of headphones or else a decent stereo system to catch the nuances of the harmonics. :)

Gary ;)

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
BTW, it definitely pays off to have two or more Analog or VA synths in your setup since most of these suckers really cannot handle multitimbral MIDI output.

It makes for some really nice layers when you sync up a few.

Gary ;)

Ask a Question