What are you listening to right now?

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
If you have Six Wives in your collection give it another listen tonight. There's nothing in at all like that riff. Note for note I'll bet dollars to donuts that was from Brain Salad Surgery...

Gary

SeaGtGruff

I meant to play that note!
Reaction score
If you have Six Wives in your collection give it another listen tonight. There's nothing in at all like that riff. Note for note I'll bet dollars to donuts that was from Brain Salad Surgery...

Gary

Can you post the time stamp for the beginning of the part you're referring to? I'll give it a closer listen.

SeaGtGruff

Reaction score
Okay, the part from about 1:30 to 1:45 isn't from the Six Wives album (although I've heard live versions that varied a good bit from the album), but at about 1:45 he goes back into the Six Wives, then at about 1:50 he goes back into the new bit, mixing it in with the bit from the Six Wives-- so I'd say it's all improvisation based on Six Wives. I'll have to listen to the CD later to get the name of the piece, but it's one of my favorite selections from the Six Wives because of the way it blends the old-timey Old West piano sound with the other musical themes. :)

None of it sounds like Brain Salad Surgery to me, but it's reminiscent of parts of the Jeremy Bender/The Sheriff medley on the "Welcome Back My Friends" album-- Keith more or less throws in a bit of everything plus the kitchen sink.

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
I retract my comments. Apparently it wasn't an ELP riff and I was mistaken but the honky tonk style threw me in the middle of 6 Wives.

Reaction score
A local band died tragically a few days ago in a car crash in Sweden - there has been a push to get them to number 1 in the charts and their track 'Swings and Waterslides' - it's been on the radio loads this week:

SeaGtGruff

Reaction score
I've had this rattling around in my head for the last hour, so I had to go hunt it down on YouTube.

Reaction score
I've been listening to the new album from Gogo Penguin recently - here's a track from it:

Ask a Question