What are you listening to right now?

Reaction score
Ringo's lost his humility in that one.
Well, he is 82 and he's a Beatle. I go with the flow! If I had his cred, I might lose my humility once in a while too. At least I am left handed, play multiple instruments, have an English mother, have as a birthday June 18. Just like Paul McCartney!

Reaction score
My Christmas gift to all you beautiful people!
Feel free to explore this band a trip away! To quote Tony the Tiger, "They're Grrrreat!"

Reaction score
My latest interest/ I'd actually forgotten about this band for some strange reason. Then they popped up into my YouTube feed and I had the joy of rediscovering them. I love this stuff! Lotsa cool synthy noises!

Reaction score
Six years ago today we saw the best concert ever, eclipsing Tina Turner, Fleetwood Mac, Clapton, Cher, The Rolling Stones, Rod Stewart, Yes, The Kinks, Temptations, Four Tops even better than Alfie Boe.
Robert Plant and the Sensational Shape Shifters.

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
They sorta sound like a cross between Pink Floyd, Kraftwerk and Mahavishnu Orchestra.

Me likey :D

EDIT >>> Plenty of arps, sequencers, filter sweeps and some FM ring mod thrown in for good measure. The second song is working the delay lines like a rented mule.

I'd love to join a fusion band. I think I have most of the gear that I need already. :)

Last edited:
Reaction score
This is an old picture from 1989 of a band I was in. I"m the guy inn the middle.

Ah, Fusion! I"m a lover of that genre. Dl DiMiola, Chick Corea, Mahavishnu.... The guitar player on the end, Andy Walsh is a fan of fusion too. I was in fusion jam band with him in the 80s called the Cunning Stunts! Back in those days we'd play gigs that had only 1 song per set. And we'd jam for 45 minutes at a time. Lots' of feel changes, tempo changes, key changes, and solos. Solos for days! I played tons of screaming lead synth like Jan Hammer and Chick Corea. We mostly had a bass player named Malcom Surrey but sadly, he passed away. We'd just grab a good drummer and play. We'd even get paid and return bookings!
Nowadays it doesn't happen except in the basement. We also used to jam in Andy's basement studio a lot. These days we usually have Norm Hacker on bass, A guy I've known since high school, and Frank Russel on drums.
In this band from left to right we have Tim Hains on bass, Al Reilly on lead vocals, me on keys, guitar and vocals, Scotty Lawson on drums and Andy Walsh on guitar.

Quadrant picture.png

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
This is an old picture from 1989 of a band I was in. I"m the guy inn the middle.

Ah, Fusion! I"m a lover of that genre. Dl DiMiola, Chick Corea, Mahavishnu.... The guitar player on the end, Andy Walsh is a fan of fusion too. I was in fusion jam band with him in the 80s called the Cunning Stunts! Back in those days we'd play gigs that had only 1 song per set. And we'd jam for 45 minutes at a time. Lots' of feel changes, tempo changes, key changes, and solos. Solos for days! I played tons of screaming lead synth like Jan Hammer and Chick Corea. We mostly had a bass player named Malcom Surrey but sadly, he passed away. We'd just grab a good drummer and play. We'd even get paid and return bookings!
Nowadays it doesn't happen except in the basement. We also used to jam in Andy's basement studio a lot. These days we usually have Norm Hacker on bass, A guy I've known since high school, and Frank Russel on drums.
In this band from left to right we have Tim Hains on bass, Al Reilly on lead vocals, me on keys, guitar and vocals, Scotty Lawson on drums and Andy Walsh on guitar.

View attachment 3029

Man that photo looks SOOOOOO 80's :)

But yeah, fusion rock is my favorite genre.

Gary ;)

Reaction score
Man that photo looks SOOOOOO 80's :)

But yeah, fusion rock is my favorite genre.

Gary ;)
I just stumbled upon this a half a minute ago. I like it! You might too!
It goes through several cool moods right away. I think I'm gonna have to buy a copy if I can.

Ask a Question