What are you listening to right now?

Reaction score
Back in the day I saw Gentle Giant a few times. The first was at good ol' Massey hall when they were touring "In a Glass house". They had a quad sound system. Freaking amazing! A band called Starcastle opened for them. kind of a poor mans Yes.
At Maple Leaf Gardens They were great as well but I preferred the smaller venue. Still do.
Sorry that Kamelot tune wasn't your cup of tea. They're certainly not a 3 chord band though. Maybe that was a bad example but as I was saying, it was the lead song on a cd that really got me into that genre of symphonic rock.
Oh well, to each there own as we say!
Busy recording in my studio tonight.
Cheers!

Reaction score
I could like that (kamelot piece) depending on what message/story is. I 've been degraded to 2" speakers on my PC so I can't make out the words. IMO metal is/was a necessary evil. Anything to blow up traditions. I think that's why I loved black sabbath the very first time I heard them in 1971. But now a lot of metal has become a tradition.

Reaction score
Another one I'd been listening to , to learn. I don't know how the hell I ran into this, I hate rap and knew nothing of the original song or the band but this is some beautiful piano ! Sad, sick, but unfortunately a real kind of story behind it.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I've been self indulgent today. I've just had a USB stick plugged into my car so I've been listening to my own songs.

On another note! All puns always intended!
Are you people familiar with Spock's Beard or Transatalantic?

This is one of my favorite Spock's beard tunes. It's an older one of theirs called "June".

This is from the latest Transatlantic cd called Kaleidoscope.

Reaction score
nope, don't remember hearing of them but I tend to see a lot of people with spock's ears for some reason :)) Lots of "accidental" darkness and light subliminals in these recent exchanges. :) After thinking a bit on that it reminded me of this. Not sure if I posted this before but this is that poor uprising star who was killed by some freaked out fan. Oddly I just ran into her and this song, and became obsessed with it just two weeks before it happened. Here, I believe she actually tries to capture "the look." She normally does not look like this. It's the make up and contrast of the setting. Looks like she has several million hits since I last saw it. :( She also does a nice version of Cohens Hallelujah. I think she's only 16 in that one..

Last edited:
Reaction score
hey Gary was it you that actually got me liking this? Never heard of them before that. Now I catch the tunes running through my head even months after last hearing them. They should have been more famous.

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
It was not I who turned you on to these guys Alchemy but you have posted this before on page 14 of this very thread. You mentioned that somebody turned you on to them here but as I said, not I.

Gary ;)

Reaction score
It was not I who turned you on to these guys Alchemy but you have posted this before on page 14 of this very thread. You mentioned that somebody turned you on to them here but as I said, not I.

Gary ;)
okay must be an age thing, shhhh :) I'm going to see if I can find who did.

edit: pg 14?? wow I must be old :) Yes I now see that I did post that Christina Grimme before. Still looking for the original Jayhawks pusher :) Search doesn't seem to be working?

Last edited:
Reaction score
AHA Ray, you're off the hook :) I found it. I posted t!!! :confused:. I said I got it from someone after turning them on to the strawbs which I got here. That someone I'll still have to figure out but it was in another "non music forum I hang out at." Sheesh, this old age thing is exciting and adventurous even if you did it all before but don't remember :D
I manually scanned the thread for several pages back then to find it and we had some really good times.

Rayblewit

Love Music / Love Life
Reaction score
Spock's Beard are about as exciting as Coldplay and U2. Dull and boring.
If I had any of their records I would give them to the local thrift shop.
Thumbs down on that group Jeremy.
Ray.

Reaction score
Wow! That's a surprise. Mind you I can understand if these two sons that I put up are all you've heard. Oh well.

Rayblewit

Love Music / Love Life
Reaction score
That's okay. We can't all love and hate the same things. But some of the other stuff you posted is just great. Numan, Transatlantic,Nightwish and Devin Townsend are all exciting and far from boring.
Keep posting.
Cheers ray.

Last edited:

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
How about music we can agree that EVERYBODY*** hates!!! :D :D :D

The two instruments EVERYBODY LOVES TO HATE~!~~~!!!!

I give you, without further ado, Bagpipe/Accordion Duets!!! :D :D :O

(Disclaimer*** Not responsible for seizures, spontaneous vomiting or homicidal impulses. Listener engages with these videos at his or her own risk.)

Gary ;)

Ask a Question