What are you listening to right now?

Reaction score
Philip Glass. One of the most controversial personalities in the world of modern classics, which is then brought to the skies, then criticized in the nines. He has been playing for half a century in his own band Philip Glass Ensemble. His melodies blur the line between classical and popular music.

Reaction score

Fleetwood Mac perform The Chain with the two new guys brought in to replace Lindsay Buckingham.

Mike Campbell ex of The Heartbreakers and Crowded House frontman Neil Finn are the newbies,

John McVie’s Bass riff is awesome as usual and it is one of my favourites to play myself on my own Fender Bass.

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
This popped into my inbox this week. Walk Off The Earth truly are a talented group.

Frankin >>> I am also a big Philip Glass fan.

Great music to chill out to. I love Music For Airports.

Another neo-classical great is Steve Reich.

Gary ;)

Last edited:
Reaction score
Mike Campbell ex of The Heartbreakers and Crowded House frontman Neil Finn are the newbies,
I watched this too yesterday and was very impressed.

Neil Finn is probably not very well known in the Northern Hemisphere but is considered a music legend in Australia and New Zealand. A very talented and successful musician from the Antipodes who obviously mixes in the right circles to deservedly get this gig.

I can't be sure, but Stevie seemed very happy to not be standing next to Lindsey (who I also rate very highly of course) hehe.

Last edited:

Rayblewit

Love Music / Love Life
Reaction score
I watched this too yesterday and was very impressed.
I did too and was excited to see NF out front. He is nothing short of brilliant! Seen him live. He was backing to a Tull gig a few years back and his music thrilled me.
Thanks Col for posting the link. News to me that Fleetwood Mac signed him up. He will be a definite strength.
Ray

Reaction score
Neil Finn and Crowded House are certainly well known here in the UK, that said I do prefer Lindsey Buckingham’s voice and guitar playing.

The Fleetwood Mac Fb page has had an aweful lot of negative comments on the new line up which is a bit harsh, I though that the songs they sang were different in tonal qualities but certainly not as bad as posters have said.

We saw FM live a couple of years ago in Manchester, they were awesome and it was the first tour with Christine McVie back in the band, sadly her voice is not what it was but she is pretty good on the keys.

Previously saw FM again in Manchester, they started on stage themselves at 19:45 had a break at 21:00 then continued rocking to 23:40 to say we were Macked Out by the time the concert ended is an understatement.

Reaction score
Neil Finn and Crowded House are certainly well known here in the UK, that said I do prefer Lindsey Buckingham’s voice and guitar playing.
Excellent news - I hadn't realised they made a splash overseas.

The Fleetwood Mac Fb page has had an aweful lot of negative comments on the new line up
The new line up was always going to cop plenty of trolling, despite the undoubted credentials of Neil and Mike Campbell. I pay no attention to gutless keyboard warriors.

Reaction score
Some Bands are the voice of the lead, Led Zep and Robert Plant, The Stones and Mick Jagger, wthout them it just would not work.

Other bands, then the leads can change and its a natural evolution The Temptations, Genesis, Fleetwood Mac and of course Pink Floyd all moved on, changed and rebuilt their fan base.

I was a fan of The Hollies in the sixties but when Graham Nash left the harmonies changed but we got used to it, then Alan Clarke left and a new guy came in and The Hollies were no more the new voice just did not work.

Reaction score
Love the Fleetwood Mac @Biggles! :)

I just spent a few days in London with a friend, and we went to see Chicago and Les Miserables...

Cried my eyes out to Bring Him Home :oops: :D Can't wait to see it again when it's on tour!

Rayblewit

Love Music / Love Life
Reaction score
Becky,
The Les Mis tune is certainly moving.
He is a beautiful singer.

The Chicago musical . . Not my cup of tea. However, There are a few good tunes.
Love this sultry one . .

Reaction score
Love the Fleetwood Mac @Biggles! :)

I just spent a few days in London with a friend, and we went to see Chicago and Les Miserables...

Cried my eyes out to Bring Him Home :oops: :D Can't wait to see it again when it's on tour!

Becky
Glad you had a good time in the smoke.

Love Chicago, seen it many times, my own favourite musical is 42nd Street, we saw it in London many, many years ago when a young Welsh lady played the lead, Catherine Zeta Jones.

We went to the Opera House in Manchester (twice) again many years ago to see The Pirates of Penzance which was on for a six month or so season with Paul Nicholas in the lead and the Apprentice Pirate was a very young and very excellent Michael Ball.

Want a superb version of Bring Him Home check out Fleetwood's finest, Alfie Boe singing it.

Reaction score
Recorded Roger Waters, The Wall movie on Sky the other night.

OMG, what a show that must have been to see live.

Reputed to be the most spectacular ever, after watching it nothing I have seen comes close.
Yes that's an amazing concert video. If I'm picky my only disappointment was there was a lot of Roger and not a lot of the band in it, but I guess it's his movie so good luck to him.

As reported in these pages I checked out his Us and Them show when it came to my home town earlier this year. I have never been to a concert as visually stunning as this was. Simply jaw-dropping.

Ask a Question