What are you listening to right now?

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
Rory Gallagher was one of the greatest blues guitarists of our time. I was lucky enough to catch him live in Montreal back in the early 70's. He was the opening act for Freddy King. The audience went insane when he played. He put on a better show than Freddy. I've been a huge fan of his ever since. By all means buy his Blueprint Album. It's one of his best.

Sadly he is no longer with us. He passed away far too young aged 47 in 1995. We lost one of the greats that year.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rory_Gallagher

Enjoy one of his greatest tunes as we fondly remember him...

Gary :(

Reaction score
I've been listening to Rory for many years. Never got to see him though, sadly. I first listened to him on the album Taste Live. From then on I was hooked. I won several of his albums, my favorite being Deuce but that can change as soon as I put another one on. Against the Grain for example. If you have the time, check this out:

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
That's the thing about Rory Gallagher.

He put out a crapload of records during his brief career and while I own a few of his albums there's simply no easy way to choose among them all.

My favorite will always be Blueprint but I have most of his stuff on MP3 including some bootleg concerts and I agree he was always a crowd pleaser.

As for the full concert you posted, I'm invited to a thanksgiving dinner this evening but I'll see if I can watch the whole thing later tonight or tomorrow.

Gary ;)

Rayblewit

Love Music / Love Life
Reaction score
Rory's music has always been amongst my favorite plays. So yes, Jeremy, I am diggin' him.
But sadly ain't no time in my days to sit and watch a 90 min concert. Might just scroll thru it for some snippets.
Cheers ray

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
I thought this just a USA thing. We don't have thanks giving in Australia.
We usually follow their other ideas as long as it is pointless or ridiculous . .Halloween for example.o_Oray

We do thanksgiving about a month and a half earlier than the Yanks do. Probably because of our earlier harvest season. We don't do the Black Friday insanity that they do though and our Thanksgiving happens on a Monday rather than a Thursday.

Basically we celebrate it because we need a long weekend between Labor Day and Xmas. Otherwise it's a long stretch between holidays.

There is Remembrance Day Nov. 11th but that's only a statutory holiday for Federal workers and Banks. For the rest of us it's just another working day.

Anyway, I enjoyed a lovely turkey dinner today and we celebrated a few birthdays that happen close to this date in our family as well.

A good time was had by all and my fridge is stuffed with leftovers. :D

Gary ;)

Reaction score
I was buying some beer today at the local bottle shop. Music was playing on the sound system throughout the shop. A song came on which I never heard before and I instantly liked it.
I pulled out my phone an shazamed it.

Turns out to be a young pom. Just 28 yrs old. Seems his touring Aus (or about to soon) and has sell out shows.

Anyway I think he is wotrthy for posting here. I have aleady checked out his other stuff. He is quie a talent.

What do thinketh?

I like James Bay! He's done some really catchy tunes :)

Rayblewit

Love Music / Love Life
Reaction score
There is Remembrance Day Nov. 11th but that's only a statutory holiday for Federal workers and Banks. For the rest of us it's just another working day
We acknowledge that day too in respect of WW1 armistice.
It is not a holiday here but respectful people stop work for a minutes silence at 11 am.
Ray

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
In the US they call it Memorial Day. In the UK they call it Armistice Day.

Same ritual everywhere. 1 minute's silence at 11 AM local time to commemorate the end of WWI.

Gary ;)

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
Another one of my favorite artists from the 70's. Annie Haslam. She used to sing with Renaissance but went solo in the 80's. She still sang mostly the same material though. Incredible vocal range.

Gary ;)

Rayblewit

Love Music / Love Life
Reaction score
Never heard of Annie Haslam.
I just scrolled through for snippets of her. Quite a voice ad you said Gary. Got me intrigued now. So when I get time later I will watch that concert.
Add it too the list:eek:
Ray

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
I think I posted that one about 20 or 30 pages back in the thread, but it's always worth seeing again :)

Kerry Minnear is one of my heroes :)

Gary ;)

Ask a Question