What are you listening to right now?

Reaction score
We have been there yet again, to the Liverpool Philharmonic Hall for a concert of mixed classical music and weere blown away by the guest pianist Alexandra Dariescu who played a piece we have not heard before and one the she has not yet recorded, Ballade by Germaine Tailleferre.

Here she is playing a well known work by Tchaikovsky which just happens to be one of my favourite pieces, sadly one I could play better as a kid than I can do now.

Here is Ballade by another artist, try closing your etes as you listen, what colours do you see?

Rayblewit

Love Music / Love Life
Reaction score
Hey Gary!
Polyphia vids are great! First I heard of that group! I like :)

Sunflower is a class act! Violin and TomToms. . . an awesome combo. SO GOOD!
thanks

Ray

Rayblewit

Love Music / Love Life
Reaction score
I'm seeing them live in June. Can't wait! :D

Good for you Becky!
I am actually in awe watching MUSE
Some of their stuff is just bloody brilliant.
I revert back to the clip I posted (one before the previous one of Becky's) "Butterflies and Hurricanes".
Since this is a keyboard forum, I urge you all to have a look at 3.44 . . Very nice piano solo. It's amazing how so softly and graceful it sounds yet blends into the all mighty power of the rest of the song.
Awesome!
Ray

Last edited:
Reaction score
Whilst watching a music video on Youtube I just happened not to stop it when it had finished and a new video started and this guy started playing.

As it is one of my favourites is Pachelbel Canon in D but this guy does it on a guitar with awesome technique,

Reaction score
Becky

It is a difficult guitar skill to master to the level he has.

Mark Knopfler, Jimmy Page and Jeff Beck are three others who use the technique a far bit in their playing.

I will have to improve my finger picking technique to even be able to play a rudimentary version.

Reaction score
We are Manchester bound on Saturday to see Mowton, The Musical , the show which is on at The Opera House is staged for a week or so before continuing on elsewhere.

Songs in the show include this and rather than post the original here is the absolute best version of it, imho that is.

Reaction score
I've been busy refurbishing a piano this week! It's an old school piano from a friend's classroom (I don't think it had been used in years apart from as a place to store things on!) so I'm giving it some TLC and a lick of paint. While I've been at work I've been mostly listening to The Beatles :)

Ask a Question