What are you listening to right now?

Reaction score

Some good old italo-disco! I'd have thought italo-disco would have been quite popular in the UK during the 80s but apparently it was not. Though some British artists' music are said to have been inspired by the genre.
This is the kind of music I'm actually hoping to create (rather re-create) some day, but there's a very long way to go..

Rayblewit

Love Music / Love Life
Reaction score
I reckon The Beatles were just fortunate to emerge into the spotlight at the right moment in life. They were a talented foursome with an idea to be different. Their beetle haircuts and rock music was wayout of sync with the norm which appealed to young people wanting to be different and somewhat recalcitrant.
So they were lucky to evolve into stardom.
To be honest they were really no better than their rivals . . The who, kinks, beach boys etc. . It is just the fact that they were different and created the long hair phase for boys. The girls were infatuated by the charm and good looks of the beatles.

The Stones evolved because they were wild and uncouth looking which appealed to a different set. So they too were talented and their tunes had sexual connotations and excitement which aroused many of us.

The yardbirds, the troggs, the monkeys, the hollies etc were all super groups but THE BEATLES and THE ROLLING STONES were the dominant bands overpowering all other bands in the early to mid 60's.

Most of us living in the 60's had vinyl mostly of one or the other . . In my case I had many Beatles 45's. I think I bought only one by the stones . . She's a rainbow b/w 2000 light years away. . . Loved both those tunes.

Anyway that's my say and now 50 plus years later I can say none are more favorable than the other. All are great. Love the 60's music. Late 60's even better . . Led Zep, pink floyd, hendrix, the cream.

END

PS . . Jethro Tull ☺

Ray

Last edited:

Rayblewit

Love Music / Love Life
Reaction score
I'm going through my old cd's ripping them onto my pc for my usb.

Came accross this forgotten gem.

This is one track off the album. . thinking of @Biggles Col, a nice uke piece for you to play ☺

Ray

Rayblewit

Love Music / Love Life
Reaction score
Not really impressed with that lot Gary. The Milk'n Blues track was okay. That puddles pity character is so damn depressing and Spitting Ibex is weird.
Ray

Reaction score
At Liverpool Philharmonic Hall to see Alfie Boe in concert.

What an eclectic mix from Jazz, to Pop, to swing, the musicals he can sing anything.

The second best concert ever with only Robert Plant being better

This is someone’s Youtube post of what he is best known for here in the U.K. a song from Les Mis which he has starred in a couple of times, he also is a Lancastrian.

Ask a Question