What are you listening to right now?

Rayblewit

Love Music / Love Life
Reaction score
I have been inspired to fish out my Tull cd's. Been busy playing these gems.
As for clever keyboard sound . .

also another forgotten gem we all know it . .

cheers ray

"I'm a tiger when I want love and a snake if we disagree" IA

Last edited:

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
I'm sorry Ray but anything Tull released after Living in the Past just doesn't do it for me.

Locomotive Breath, Dharma for One, Thick as a Brick all great tunes, but when Tull released Passion Play both the critics and myself agreed that Anderson had lost his edge.

Sure in recent decades he's released another dozen or so albums but none of them grab me the way Aqualung and Locomotive Breath did when I first heard them.

Nowadays I think he's just cranking out the same tired genres over and over but no longer has the fire that drove him in his early years.

Gary ;)

Last edited:

Rayblewit

Love Music / Love Life
Reaction score
No worries Gary.
I think your thoughts on early 70's Tull are normal an common among the majority. i am just a diehard fan. Sorry to rave on about Tull, my 50 year passion.
My adrenalin gets a workout just listening to 40 Plus albums.
I will now try to keep my enthusiasm to my self. . . My pledge to the keyboard forums.
Ray.

Reaction score
Like so many UK bands of the Sixties that actually did not implode JT evolved and experimented, (useless trivia alert) they are from a seaside town called Blackpool which is about 20 minutes from where I live and hence not that far from Liverpool and Manchester. Sometimes things worked sometimes they were less successful but their longevity cannot be denied there music has the unique JT sound.

Listening to the songs above there are influences of Lyndisfarne, Steeleye Span, Rick Wakeman, Mike Oldfield and especially Fairport Convention in them.

We have a very big Folk Rock scene in the UK and JT are a band that now are to me in this genre of rock.

To give you a flavour of our Folk Rock scene this is a duo called Show of Hands (Steve Knightley and Phil Beer) and yes I have seen them perform both together and individually.

Enjoy Roots.

BTW
These guys sell out their concerts at The Royal Albert Hall.

Last edited:

Rayblewit

Love Music / Love Life
Reaction score
***JACKPOT!***

Yes I hit the Jackpot today!

I am always at markets, op shops, and second hand book shops etc. looking for bargains . . music books, CD's, music DVD's, sheet music etc . .

Today I found this . . $2.00 Serious! A Jackpot!

IMG_1432.JPG

So I have put Tull on the back burner for awhile. Been playing echoes all afternoon . . 26 amazing tunes.
Now also added to my USB .. lol!
I did once have a few PF Lp's and some 45's . I sold them all on ebay a few years ago. But I must admit, never ever bought a PF cd. Don't know why!

Lately I have had a renewed interest in PF. . I blame Paul @CowboyNQ for this. He has injected his Pink venom into me. Having been invited by to watch his concert performing the whole lot of "The Wall" has invigourated my lost youth.
Now I have the desire to acquire each and every PF album in CD format. I want the complete set as I have in Tull. It's an obsession I know but at least a healthy one.

Ray

Rayblewit

Love Music / Love Life
Reaction score
Thanks Col.
I did once own that dvd but must admit never watched it. I remember watching snippets of it.
I think I sold it.
It has been played on TV. On one of our alternative channels (sbs).
I am not a movie buff and rarely sit and watch anything . . Not even concert dvd's. I cannot sit still.

I seek out and buy collectable music dvd's as a hobby. Usually pay between$1 and $5 for each. Some are rare and valuable. I never watch them. Getting a huge collection now.

Cheers Ray.

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
Montreal band from the 70's. One of my faves growing up. :)

As far as I know they only released the one self titled album and it was on a rare label but I somehow managed to score a CD copy a few years ago.

Gary ;)

Ask a Question