What are you listening to right now?

Reaction score
Been working getting ready for my piano lesson next week and doing Autumn Leaves and plan to really dig into the tune deeply to learn piano with. Two versions I listen to a lot one by Ahmad Jamal and other a Chet Baker version that he doesn't sing on just instrumental.
Also Miles Davis Live at the Blackhawk there a version with Wynton Kelly on piano and version I like a lot. Trying to figure out of of his comp'ing he was such a master at accompanying others.

When working on a tune for improv be it guitar my main instrument for decades or piano a new instrument for me, I create a playlist with a lot a versions of the song by many different artists to really get into the tune. Immersion is a great way to pick up feel and phrasing and vocabulary of a style of music.

Rayblewit

Love Music / Love Life
Reaction score
My internet has finally been connected. . . Yipee!
Been catching up on some clips above. . As well as other things lol.

Very happy with my new abode and I have my keyboard set up in a small studio/computer room. Just Great!

Loving retirement . .albeit 90% retired. Still enjoying the odd job and making a few quid (paying taxes still)

Thanks for the support guys.
Back to music now.

Ray

Last edited:
Reaction score
I bought the album by Noel Gallagher's High Flying Birds the other day and have been listening to it today - there are some really catchy tracks on there.

Just listened to If I Had A Gun:

How about you?
'Black Cow' steely dan .. im killing the solo

Reaction score
Saturday night need some music to groove to guarantee you'll be moving something even if only bobbing your head.

Reaction score
Taking a listening break from practicing with some Cory Henry. Cory just playing by himself no band

Reaction score
Here's a little something that showed up in my YouTube page. The fellow with the glasses and the blue glowing tablet is playing a warbly melody on a Univox Minikorg. The exact same synth that was my first synthesizer. Very cool to see this. I wonder if they'd let Gary loose here? I bet he'd have a ratty good time! I know I would!
Hope you enjoy this. BTW, it's not a jam but and actual piece of music.

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
A very tasty assortment of gear indeed. The tune sounds very reminiscent of Passport or Weather Report.

Nice find.

Gary ;)

Reaction score
One of my favorite improvisational pianist Jean-Michel Pilc playing some Rhythm Changes.

Ask a Question