What kind of MIDI module should I buy

Reaction score
I am going to purchase the Roland PK-5. Foot controlled midi keyboard. I am in a Jam band that plays rock, bluegrass, jazz, reggae, electronica, and what ever else comes out on stage. I am a bass player, but in a trio have been looking or a way to add ambient sounds such as strings, horns, or the synth rise and fall sounds.

What would be the most vesitile sound module(that doesn't cost an arm and a leg) to do this. I have been doing my own research, and it looks loke the Roland XR is what people really like. I am pretty firmiliar with all of the keyboards that are out there, but I just want to know if you know what the best bag for the buck is. I need no drums, just southing ambient sounds to heavy get you rocken sounds. Any suggestions?

Thanks
Rob

Check out our music at www.myspace.com/thesituation2

This is a weak example, but works. Live we can do some pretty amazing stuff.
:)

Reaction score
Roland XR have fantastic sounds form the Fantom range. If you wanted to save money a module that a have owned for a while and still use all the time is a korg O5R/W module or the later model X5DR. Great little modules with loads of sound and all editable. Also you could look at the Yamaha Motif rack. Or if you want to spend a bit more money the Korg Radias comes in module form or the new Roland V-Synth GT Rack.

Ask a Question