Which keyboard to chose?

Reaction score
I need a workstation with a real piano sound
I narrowed it down between;
1) Roland Fantom
2) yamaha Motif
3) Korg M3
My budget is around $1500
Any preferences on any of these models or similar?
Your inputs are always appreciated!
* I don't need sampling or computer access.

Reaction score
If you want the best piano sound, out of the three i'd choose Yamaha Motif. Taking into consideration your budget you might get a second hand Motif xs6 or 7 or a Motif es8.

Reaction score
Well budget wise I would recomment the MO series .... I have an MO8 and the piano is great keyboard is weighted all the motif good bits with the motif price tag ... I think they are nearing the end of shelf life but you can get a good deal and that well know german store.... (you can also buy new patches ... I recently god loads of new pianos ... rhodes of every flavour etc... for 30GBP online)

Reaction score
I decided to pick up some older models rather than one newer one, I picked up a Roland Juno G and a Yamaha MO6. Once I get them, I'll post my review. Thanks for all your inputs!

Reaction score
I decided to pick up some older models rather than one newer one, I picked up a Roland Juno G and a Yamaha MO6. Once I get them, I'll post my review. Thanks for all your inputs!

Looks like a pretty good combo :)

Reaction score
I've only scratched the surface of what these two keyboards can do, but I can say: Roland has great synth sounds and Yamaha has great acustic sounds! Together they compliment each other. I am very pleased!:D

Reaction score
Having played the Motif for an extensive period of time..........MOTIF! Haha.

But seriously, the thing plays like a dream and sounds like a grand piano. Can't go wrong here.

Ask a Question