Yamaha Audio over USB on Windows PC

SeaGtGruff

I meant to play that note!
Reaction score
You should be able to use the Camera Connection Kit-- or whatever the current version is called-- to send the keyboard's MIDI to the iPhone for playing virtual instruments. That part should not present any problems.

I think you should then be able to use an audio cable to send the iPhone's audio to the keyboard, but this is the part where you might run into problems.

For one thing, recent iPhone models don't have a headphones jack, so you'd either need to send the iPhone's audio to a Bluetooth receiver and send it it from there to the keyboard, or use an adapter that lets you connect a 3.5mm TRS audio cable to the Lightning port-- and I don't know if there's an adapter that lets you connect a USB cable and 3.5mm TRS audio cable at the same time.

Then there's the issue that the keyboard's only audio input seems to be for a microphone, which presumably means it takes a 6.35mm TS audio cable. That means you'll need a cable or adapter that can go from 3.5mm TRS to 6.35mm TS.

I'm not familiar enough with all the technical aspects of that to offer much advice about it.

Reaction score
Reaction score
As someone who already owns and loves his DGX 660, but recently bought a psr-ew310 and really love the ability to record audio right in Audacity via the USB audio out feature, I am wondering if I can’t just use an external audio interface to mediate between the 660 and Windows?

If the answer is yes, can anyone suggest minimal requirements for an audio interface to do this job, or better still just recommend one or two low budget audio interfaces that would do the job well enough for an amateur?

Ask a Question