Yamaha Cs1x patches

Reaction score
Yamaha CS1x is my first synth, I need help, please enlighten me with the following info:
  • Is it possible to download patches and save it to my CS1x?
  • I have read from a website that you can edit the sounds using a "Patch editor librarian" using your computer, question is I don't know what software is this please help.
  • Anyone who owns this synth? I'm quite having a hard time to tweak out a natural sound from this but I like most of the pads and effects specially if you layered them with other sound. Any tip?
Thanks in advance.

Reaction score
Natural Sound? To be honest the CS1X was designed to do the exact opposite. It was the forerunner to what are referred to these days as Virtual Analogue, you're never going to get a decent quality acoustic sound out of it.
Also the synth is based on S&S, or Sample and Synthesis, so basically you have a bunch of hardwired samples on board which you can tweak, that's it. So you can't go adding new samples as such. You may be able to download new patches (Which are just modifications of whats' already on board) and transfer them somehow but I've never tried this with my CS1X. It sounds like for what you're after the CS1X may not be the way to go, it's primarily aimed at the dance music scene.
I'd suggest just learn to edit the synth, to be fair using the matrix of switches and knobs it's actually very intuitive and easy to edit, but as it's based on samples, there's only so much you can do.

Ask a Question