Yamaha FSX Action?

Reaction score
Yamaha FSX Action?

What type of action is the Yamaha FSX Action? I'm guessing semi weighted synth action, but I am not sure. The Tyros5-61 is described as having it.

Thanks.

Reaction score
Yamaha FSX Action?

What type of action is the Yamaha FSX Action? I'm guessing semi weighted synth action, but I am not sure. The Tyros5-61 is described as having it.

Thanks.

Just received a follow up email from Yamaha answering my question as seen below:

“ FSX is only a marketing term- this is Yamaha's best non weighted synth action. The letters only designate that the keyboard has this specific premium action, they do not stand for anything.”

Last edited:

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
Look. There are basically three types of keyboard action in general use today.

Unweighted organ/synth action, semi weighted organ/synth action and fully weighted hammer piano action.

Usually if there is any confusion in the terminology of a manufacturer's advertising you can email them and get a direct answer.

Even among those three basic types, you will find variations among various manufacturers and even among individual lines in terms of general "feel", springiness, note pressure and release speed.

Throw in aftertouch on some models and you have pretty much covered the entire spectrum of conventional keyboards.

So far you've started at least a dozen threads on this topic, each time asking the same question about a different individual model.

Now if you ask anyone on this forum if a particular keyboard is "right" for you you will receive the same reply. "Do your homework and try it out in a showroom if possible."

I don't know if you are doing research for a blog article or writing a thesis on keyboards but at least keep it all in a single thread man.

Otherwise you're just wasting all of our time including yours.

Gary

Ask a Question