Yamaha KX8, Can You Connect Simultaneously To Interface & Amp?

Reaction score
First I should say I am on the road and my KX8 is no where near me at the time but I'm wanting to buy the equipment I need for it now.

I haven't used my KX8 yet. It's still in the box so I don't know a whole lot about it YET!

I suppose since I already have the VSTs and VSTIs that I will be using with it, it will be run through a VST box or laptop. I'll probably buy either the Roland UM-ONE or the M-Audio Uno USB MIDI Interface Cable for connecting to the laptop if I go that route.

My question is how can I connect my KX8 in a semi-permanent way in my home studio? It has limited ins and outs but I want to have it connected to where I could play it without going through my studio monitors and have it going through a keyboard amp. I also would like to have it connected at the same time through my M-Audio Projectmix I/O so I could cue it for recording (also playback through monitors). Is there a way to do this? I will include images below to give you an idea of what I have to work with (no headphone out). Thanks!

KX8_Rear-798223180374056008db43e99057dc7e.jpg

ProjectMix_Back.jpg

Ask a Question