yamaha motif vs mo series

Reaction score
This is a follow up to a previous post, but can anyone tell me if the sounds and arps on the MO series are exactly the same as the motif (as opposed to a watered down "based on")? Also, do they both interact the same way with the latest versions of Cubase?

If the only real differences are the polyphony and the sampling, I'd be just as happy with the MO as long as the voices are identical.

Thanks in advance

SAE

Reaction score
Yamaha MO's sound ending is exactly the same as the Motif ES engine (ES being the second Motif in the line).

The differences are in some programs (MO has less, but you can load all of them cause you can find them on the internet,
and it IS possible since MO and ES use the same ROM samples), MO has 64 polyphony where the ES has 128, ES has
way better keyboard action, and sampling option.

Basically - if you don't mind plasticky keys, and not being able to load extra samples - go for MO - they're thesame

Reaction score
Thanks for the input. The action is just to cheap on the mo - I went with the motif xs.

Ask a Question