Yamaha?

Reaction score
Hello

I've like Yamaha, and I've played on a Casio a little bit, but what would be Yamaha's rival? Is there a better keyboard than Yamaha? I'm looking at buying a new keyboard and I have my eyes on a Yamaha GPX-630, but I was wanting to see if there is something that is possibly better than a yamaha that I could be looking for. I'm looking to save and buy, but right now I'm looking at a 2000 dollar budget with this because I was wanting to buy a new keyboard within the next year because my old one died on me and I haven't been able to play in ages.

Thanks in advance for any help in this subject matter.

Reaction score
For $2000, you could definately find something really really nice. So it's good if you could be a little bit more specific on what you need from your keyboard.
What do you intenend to use your keyboard for? Do you want to focus on primarily pianos and such, or do you need pads and leads an all that kind of things?

And another important thing, when you say "2000 dollars", do you mean USD or another currency? (since there are a lot of countries that use Dollars as currency). If it's not USD, please try and tell us how much USD (or EUR) it would be, so we're not counting for the wrong budget :)

Reaction score
Yes, I am working with USD. As for the functionality of the actual instrument itself, my primary focus is Piano, but I also like to jump around and play in different voices like orchestra, vocal, guitar, organ, and things of that nature. I'm looking for a keyboard that has software within the equipment to allow me to play the piano and for it to write the actual music for me when connected to a computer. This will more than likeley make the price range jump, and if it does I always like to know my options. As for the keyboard I'm looking for an 88 key. I really enjoy playing Beethoven and some of the pieces that I play require full range and I don't have that with the one that I had. The keyboard I would also like to be able to have all three pedals with it. If not I can deal with the sustain and the softener pedal.

Reaction score
When it comes to the sound, I would recommend the Yamaha CP33. It has a great sound and feel which (to me) seem very realistic.

About the pedals, I actually haven't seen a keyboard with a softener pedal, or the third pedal. So unfortunately, I won't be able to help you with that.

I'm looking for a keyboard that has software within the equipment to allow me to play the piano and for it to write the actual music for me when connected to a computer.

I've actually never heard of this kind of thing either :/. But I suppose that it would be a stand-alone program that would work with pretty much every keyboard that supports MIDI (which pretty much all keyboards do, if they're not toys :p). So if this kind of program exists, I doubt it has much to do with the keyboard itself.

I'm sorry if this didn't help you that much, I do hope someone else here on the forums can help you out more than I did :)

Ask a Question