76 keys stage keyboard

Reaction score
Hi everybody,
I'm looking for a 76 keyboard to use on stage. I would need mainly classical sounds like strings, piano and pad synths. The 2 main aspects I'm looking for are an easy way to group / switch sounds, and not too much weight. I have a max budget of $1000, but I can consider a second hand keyboard in case. Any advice? Thanks!

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
Roland Juno DS76....

Meets all your needs and fits your budget.

It's been around a few years now so you might find a great deal on a used one.

Gary ;)

Reaction score
Roland Juno DS76....

Meets all your needs and fits your budget.

It's been around a few years now so you might find a great deal on a used one.

Gary ;)
Thank you Gary, I'll take a look at this!

Reaction score
Hi everybody,
I'm looking for a 76 keyboard to use on stage. I would need mainly classical sounds like strings, piano and pad synths. The 2 main aspects I'm looking for are an easy way to group / switch sounds, and not too much weight. I have a max budget of $1000, but I can consider a second hand keyboard in case. Any advice? Thanks!
Wow, so am I and expressly for classical. What are you going to use it for?

Reaction score
Hi everybody,
I just upgraded my Triton le 76 keys and would recommend it for not just great sounds, but it’s pretty lightweight for 76 keys. Good luck
Dave

Reaction score
If you're in the market for a one-man-band style keyboard, this model *$699* seems to be the "hot one." Compares favorably with $2000+ competitors.
. . . .
I've only watched videos about it, but they're mostly positive.
. . . .
Few American dealers carry it. Don't know why. Supplies could be short, due to COVID-19.
https://www.jimlaabsmusicstore.com/store/medeli-akx10-keyboard/

Jeremy See's video is super upbeat
Medeli's intro (short)
. . . .
. . . .
Of course, the budget mode for digital music production is to get a decent MIDI controller that will interface with your computer (desktop or laptop).
One of the better configurations is the Novation Impulse 61 (matching the number of keys on the Medeli) $399
https://www.amazon.com/Novation-AMS-IMPULSE-61-Impulse-Adjustable-Keyboard/dp/B07HD17WGS/
It has a lot of features for controlling a digital audio workstation (DAW), including transport controls.
Another option is to get an 88 key, hammer action MIDI controller to drive your DAW. That's one way to get "classical" feel & modern tones on a budget.
. . . . .
What the extra $300 for the Medeli delivers is the internal computer sound engine, stereo amp & speakers, and super customizable controls (and colored lamps). . . .and the touch screen system that makes it intuitive to control.
. . . . .
ALTERNATIVES
The cheapest are the Casio Workstation Series (WK6600, WK7600, and earlier)... $450 and down.
https://www.casio.com/products/electronic-musical-instruments/workstation-keyboards/wk-7600

It gives you a baseline to compare others.

The sad truth is that any computerized keyboard you buy goes obsolete within 6 months, as the technology advances. So many musicians are just buying MIDI controllers, and using their computers and software updates to keep current.

Reaction score
Hi everybody,
If you're planning to use it for MIDI, check whether a particular keyboard is "class compliant" -- a popular Yamaha was a big disappointment in this dept. Are internal speakers optional in your work?

Reaction score
Now, for something “off the wall”....
You have a tight budget, but want monster tone (plenty of sample memory), 76-88 keys, great interface with a DAW / laptop, portability, and can be a one-man-band, in small venues.
. . . . . . .
[insert your existing laptop here] + [DAW software]
[Donner DMK-25 MIDI keyboard controller]
Suspended around your [insert main keyboard here]
. . . . . .
FAT TOAD DUAL LAPTOP STAND $41
(I have one and highly recommend it. It’s HEAVY iron, mon.)
[Buy direct saves on sales tax, thus cheaper than Amazoon]

DMK-25
[Donner runs sales and discounts. A few months back it was down to $95, free shipping]
Basically, you’re using this to augment the lack of DAW controls on your main keyboard.

12 best free DAWs

Free VST plug ins

Free DX7 emulator

Not free, but if you’re a budding composer in need of an orchestra
Garritan Personal Orchestra

Reaction score
If you're in the market for a one-man-band style keyboard, this model *$699* seems to be the "hot one." Compares favorably with $2000+ competitors.
. . . .
I've only watched videos about it, but they're mostly positive.
. . . .
Few American dealers carry it. Don't know why. Supplies could be short, due to COVID-19.
https://www.jimlaabsmusicstore.com/store/medeli-akx10-keyboard/

Jeremy See's video is super upbeat
Medeli's intro (short)
. . . .
. . . .
Of course, the budget mode for digital music production is to get a decent MIDI controller that will interface with your computer (desktop or laptop).
One of the better configurations is the Novation Impulse 61 (matching the number of keys on the Medeli) $399
https://www.amazon.com/Novation-AMS-IMPULSE-61-Impulse-Adjustable-Keyboard/dp/B07HD17WGS/
It has a lot of features for controlling a digital audio workstation (DAW), including transport controls.
Another option is to get an 88 key, hammer action MIDI controller to drive your DAW. That's one way to get "classical" feel & modern tones on a budget.
. . . . .
What the extra $300 for the Medeli delivers is the internal computer sound engine, stereo amp & speakers, and super customizable controls (and colored lamps). . . .and the touch screen system that makes it intuitive to control.
. . . . .
ALTERNATIVES
The cheapest are the Casio Workstation Series (WK6600, WK7600, and earlier)... $450 and down.
https://www.casio.com/products/electronic-musical-instruments/workstation-keyboards/wk-7600

It gives you a baseline to compare others.

The sad truth is that any computerized keyboard you buy goes obsolete within 6 months, as the technology advances. So many musicians are just buying MIDI controllers, and using their computers and software updates to keep current.

Only 61 keys

The Op wants 76 so the Juno Gary suggests is by far the best choice for its intended use.

Reaction score
Only 61 keys

The Op wants 76 so the Juno Gary suggests is by far the best choice for its intended use.
I suggested it, because of the impressive features for the price. Frankly, I complained to the company that they should offer a 76 key version (or even an 88 key version).
Check out the manual for more details:

Reaction score
If your budget is a little tight, Roland JUNO-STAGE is a cheaper alternative to Roland JUNO DS-76. Not that much cheaper though...
Korg Triton LE 76 or Korg TR 76 are not bad as well, and could be even cheaper sometimes, but they are older.

Reaction score
Hi everybody,
I agree with Gary... in a new board under $1k, Juno DS76 would be my board of choice here. If you want something cheaper, maybe a used Kurzweil SP4-7.

Ask a Question