Beginner Keyboard

Reaction score
Hey guys. I have recently gotten into playing the Keyboard. I bought a second hand Casio CTK-541 for only 50 dollars, but i really want to get a board that is slightly more up to date. With things such as weighted keys and more keys etc. I will also be using it with a teaching program so being able to connect to the PC is important. I want something that is more towards Piano playing if that's possible, as im not interested in any other electronic features. I just want to play :)

So to sum it up. Great quality, Weighted Keys, Fullsize? Good Piano sound, Will last me as i improve

Can anyone recommend me anything?

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
If I were starting out right now and wanted something that I could grow with I think I'd buy a Casio PX-3 electronic stage piano. Be advised that it's a pro instrument though, so you'd also have to invest in a keyboard amp or a set of powered monitors.

Anyway, street price on that keyboard is about $799 so it's not a huge strain on most budgets and it's very favorably compared to other pro stage pianos that cost double the price.

Otherwise, it should give you everything you asked for and then some. ;)

Merry Xmas...

Gary

Reaction score
I probably should have specified that i dont want to spend more than 300 for one at the moment.

Im sure i can get something around or under that price with what i specified. Im just not sure which :p

Reaction score
OP says {"Great quality, Weighted Keys, Fullsize? Good Piano sound" + "i dont want to spend more than 300 for one"}

Keep saving and increase your budget. Then watch Ebay for a used PX3. You should be able to find one for between $500 - $600 used. I paid $580 for mine.
Don

Reaction score
"Can anyone recommend me anything?"

Suggest to look into the Yamaha YPG series. You wanted weighted keys, though, means that you are looking at higher end units, and therefore higher price.

Enjoy.

Ask a Question