Bespoke Keyboard rigs.

Reaction score
Pickering (near york) North yorkshire England
I wanted a solid grand keyboard rig for stage purposes that was STABLE and could take up less space than the standard L shaped rig. I bought the hammond and chopped it, taking out the leslie built in to be re attatched, The stand is folding and folds to be the size of the hammond and the leslie hooks onto the inside of the stand where it can be miced without fear of spillage from other sounds on stage. My plan is to paint the whole organ and stand black. The camera quality is bad but have a look at it if you want. My question was... If I were to make these rigs properly and use a better quality keyboard on the top... would it be a marketable piece of gear for the touring musician/band. (the rig when packed down fits into a 4x4 (SUV) or a van. Its a robust piece of kit and takes a hell of a bashing without any issues. Anyway I looked on-line and NO ONE is tailoring rigs to people... it seems strange, if you could throw some thoughts at me, I'd appreciate it. :)
Cheers: Aaron
404180_10151074828916744_2083764135_n.jpg

Wes

Reaction score
Sorry, reality check -- you won't be able to sell anything involving an LSI Hammond spinet to a touring musician, unless part of his show involves lighting organs on fire every night. Or stabbing them, like Keith Emerson. Similarly, a lower-rotor-only Leslie is particularly unattractive when you can buy something that sounds exactly like the real deal but you don't need to mic for $500 (Neo Ventillator).

BTW, do you play this on an 18" piano bench? I play a similar rig from a 22" organ bench, which puts the great manual at a really nice height, but I wind up standing to play demanding piano parts.

James_C_McColl_IMG_0333.JPG
James_C_McColl_IMG_0339.JPG

Bob_MacKenzie_100_2446.JPG

Ask a Question