Can you help me?

Reaction score
I have an ensoniq zr 76 keyboard and have just purchased a roland pk5 pedal board and want to walk bass lines with my feet and play piano or other sounds in both hands on the keyboard. Right not all that is happening is the sound I select on the keyboard is the same sound that comes out of the pedals. Can you help me to know how to play one sound in the pedals and other sounds in the keys.
Thanks

Darryl

Reaction score
Does your keyboard support playing multiple sounds at once on multiple MIDI channels? If not, you're out of luck. If so, you'll want to do something like this.

Set up two different sounds on a single preset on your keyboard. Set one sound to play on MIDI channel 1 and the other on MIDI channel 2.

Set the pedalboard to send on MIDI channel 2.

Make sure the keys on the keyboard transmit on MIDI channel 1.

Reaction score
I Got It!!!!!!!!

:)Thank you for your help, it prompted me to read the chapter in the ensoniq zr 76 manual on midi channel usage. I put the bass pedals(midi) on channel 2 and simply split the keyboardat the Db below middle C which is where I normally split the keys to play left hand bass and right hand piano or elec. piano or whatever. The pedals happen to be the c below middle c to middle c therefore exactly where the split happened on the keyboard except an octave lower in sound. YayYYyyyyyyYYyyYYy!!!!!!:D

Ask a Question