DGX 630 Low Volume Levels

Reaction score
Hi
I've just bought the DGX 630 and am surprised by the low volume of the voices especially the piano ones. I have to play the keyboard at a volume level of 3/4 or more for it to sound normal. If I play it at 1/2 or less you can hardly hear it. If you play any of the samples though they are quite loud. Surely that isn't normal? I have even set the piano parameters to 127 in the settings - I think the default was 100. If you use a piano voice with any accompaniment the piano is drowned out by it and needs the accomp. volume settings reduced. A bit of a nuisance. Does anybody else have this problem or do I have a faulty model?
Regards
Malcolm

bkp

Reaction score
I recently bought the YPG 635, which is the same model as the DGX 630.

Mine behaves similarly to yours. It is necessary to tone down the accompaniment volume for some voices. Doesn't seem to be a major issue, just an inconvenience.

Other than that, it's performing flawlessly. The sound is incredible, and the keyboard weighting as close to an actual piano as I've found.

All things considered, I'm very pleased with it...

Reaction score
One of the big problems with keyboards is just that: volumes not being normalized across all your sounds. You could do that yourself, of course, but one thing I suggest if you're playing live is that you have a setup that makes it really easy for you to tweak your levels on the fly. That might just be using the keyboard's volume knob or slider or an expression pedal, or if you use multiple outputs and/or multiple keyboards, a small mixer in reach of your hand.

Reaction score
What about your Touch settings? When using Hard you have to try harder to get louder voices :)

Ask a Question