DGX-670

Reaction score
Found this video today & what a fantastic demo(particularly between 6:19 thru 7:31)....so ramped up to receive this keyboard!

Reaction score
Thanks for posting the vid.

Yamaha have set the bar high on the 670, everything impresses about it and for me to say that about a Yamaha product is quite an admission from me.

Even the brass instrument sounds are to my liking.

One thing that most definately does not work is Auld Land Syne sung in an Aussie accent.

The 670 has a lot going for it, I could become a convert, more research on my part is needed. Great piano sounds and a keybed I like and am used to playing. Where’s my credit card?

Reaction score
Thanks for posting the vid.

Yamaha have set the bar high on the 670, everything impresses about it and for me to say that about a Yamaha product is quite an admission from me.

Even the brass instrument sounds are to my liking.

One thing that most definately does not work is Auld Land Syne sung in an Aussie accent.

The 670 has a lot going for it, I could become a convert, more research on my part is needed. Great piano sounds and a keybed I like and am used to playing. Where’s my credit card?
The Auld Land Syne does not work,simply because she is a very mediocre singer(there is no Aussie accent in her singing,as most Aussies & Brits lose their accents when they sing.)
Yes....a lot of Yamaha's more expensive products are lacking in features for their price-tags.....but the DGX670 is clearly the most value-priced keyboard for it's price range,currently.In fact....I would say,that at this point....it's a no-brainer purchase,which leaves nothing left to debate over.

Reaction score
As you have one on order do you have any indication of probably delivery?
Well....a few weeks ago,I had placed a preorder with BHphotovideo.com(in NYC)...& they listed an expected date of March 16.Not long after that,I noticed another retailer; AmericanMuscical.com had an expected deliver date of 2/5...so I canceled my preorder with the first retailer & preorder with the latter.Come 2/5....the preorder date was bumped up to the 12th of February & I had called them to confirm that date.I was told that the shipment was due to arrive later that day,but that only 2 keyboards were on their way to the warehouse and due to me preordering early,I was earmarked for one of those 2 keyboards.
So perhaps sometime next week,I may receive it....but I'm not banking on it,as I've learned not to trust a damn thing these retailers tell me.:rolleyes:
If I do not receive mine next week,the current arrival on the website is May 7th.I imagine that arrival dates will differ in your country?

Reaction score
Abel
Welcome, but only you can decide.

I am in the UK and the DGX is £150 more than an S3000 so if price is a factor your question is answered.

Both have quite a large array of onboard sounds, rhythms and auto accompaniment styles, so not much to choose between them. Or is there, if you watch the available videos the DGX is probably a more complete keyboard.

If you want portability, the Casio is about half the weight and physical size of the Yamaha.

Alas at present there is not a lot of detailed how to videos of the DGX with the one from NAMM being the best for giving a good idea of its capabilities.

It is opportune that I have just found your post as I have only just finished watching this video

The sounds were very good and the App does seem to complement the S3000, so do watch at least the first hour of the webinar, he covers all sounds, effects etc but there is nothing on rhythms or auto accompaniment. This feature is one I want to find out more, I know the DGX is very competent but I have a lack of understanding with the S3000.

I am interested in both models and as yet cannot decide, the DGX does not look like it is going to be readily available until into April, not that the S3000 is readily available either.

Edit

Last edited:
Reaction score
Can Anyone help me to decide between the casio px-s 3000 and the Yamaha dgx 670
You want help to make a decision,without stating what type of player you are & what features you seek in a keyboard? Sorry....doesn't work that way.
I can however,offer my opinion on both keyboards,based on my personal wants.I want high-quality sounds that are comparable to that of PC software(i.e., meticulously sampled instruments that offer all of the sonic nuances that pianos,guitars & other acoustic instruments have(the DGX670 delivers,the Casio does not.)
I want multi-track midi recording,audio recording with WAV export(the DGX-670 delivers,the Casio does not.) I want a large full color, high-resolution display screen(the DGX670 delivers,the Casio does not.)
I want a robust & solid keyboard chassis with enough weight to it,to be sturdy & long lasting(the DGX670 delivers,the Casio does not.) Finally...& quite honestly,I think the Casio S3000 is a pathetic sh*t-box,in contrast to the Yamaha DGX670,as the Casio is full of low-grade CTX5000 sounds and costs $50 more than the Yamaha(here in America), which is utterly absurd.

Reaction score
You want help to make a decision,without stating what type of player you are & what features you seek in a keyboard? Sorry....doesn't work that way.
I can however,offer my opinion on both keyboards,based on my personal wants.I want high-quality sounds that are comparable to that of PC software(i.e., meticulously sampled instruments that offer all of the sonic nuances that pianos,guitars & other acoustic instruments have(the DGX670 delivers,the Casio does not.)
I want multi-track midi recording,audio recording with WAV export(the DGX-670 delivers,the Casio does not.) I want a large full color, high-resolution display screen(the DGX670 delivers,the Casio does not.)
I want a robust & solid keyboard chassis with enough weight to it,to be sturdy & long lasting(the DGX670 delivers,the Casio does not.) Finally...& quite honestly,I think the Casio S3000 is a pathetic sh*t-box,in contrast to the Yamaha DGX670,as the Casio is full of low-grade CTX5000 sounds and costs $50 more than the Yamaha(here in America), which is utterly absurd.
Okay, but get to the point-how do you really feel? Lol.

Reaction score
Hi everybody! I'm going to pick up my DGX-670 this weekend. I had a demo of it and it's fantastic! I saw in this thread that you wonder about that it has only One Intro/One Ending, but rest assured, it has Three of each! You just have choose them in the Menu and then they are assigned to the One button.

Reaction score
I’ve owned a DGX-650 and was attempting to get a more dynamic sound quality out of it for small venue performances, (small coffee house type setting). I would practice with an Audio Technica headset and the sound was distinct and incredible. I then tried to reproduce that same quality sound using the Yamaha 400S amp/speaker system. It improved the high and low end, but the midrange still sounded cheap, muddy and not distinctive. I was about to try the Bose L1-Pro 8, ($1200) when the audio output jack failed. Yamaha tech guy looked at it, a $250 fix. I sold it as is for $250. I’m now looking at the DGX670 when available, but with the underperforming 6W speakers, I’ll still need an amp/speaker system. Might I just be better off purchasing a stand alone Yamaha P500 without an additional amp/speaker system or might that also be a disappointment. Am open to suggestions. Thanks.

Reaction score
I’ve owned a DGX-650 and was attempting to get a more dynamic sound quality out of it for small venue performances, (small coffee house type setting). I would practice with an Audio Technica headset and the sound was distinct and incredible. I then tried to reproduce that same quality sound using the Yamaha 400S amp/speaker system. It improved the high and low end, but the midrange still sounded cheap, muddy and not distinctive. I was about to try the Bose L1-Pro 8, ($1200) when the audio output jack failed. Yamaha tech guy looked at it, a $250 fix. I sold it as is for $250. I’m now looking at the DGX670 when available, but with the underperforming 6W speakers, I’ll still need an amp/speaker system. Might I just be better off purchasing a stand alone Yamaha P500 without an additional amp/speaker system or might that also be a disappointment. Am open to suggestions. Thanks.
What on earth is a Yamaha P500? I Googled it and a turntable came up.

Reaction score
I really had to dig in,to find the P500 keyboard.Do you really want a 20+ year old piano that originally went for $3,300? If you can find a used one that hasn't completely fallen apart,the used price,is probably going to be as much as the DGX670.
I myself,do not have high expectations for the DGX670's speaker system,but with all the money one would save buying the DGX670,there are all sorts of options for external speakers.
I haven't heard them personally,but it seems that the Nord Piano Monitors would be ideal for small, coffee-house gigs.Having these speakers paired up with the DGX670,seems like a stellar combo.

Reaction score
What on earth is a Yamaha P500? I Googled it and a turntable came up.
My error, it's a Yamaha P515. It's $1500, but the Bose L1-Pro 8 at $1200 plus the DGX at $800, you'd be looking at a total of $2000. Haven't any experience on the P515, but it's a highly regarded digital piano, comparable to the Kawai ES-88 and the Roland FP-90. The P515 has some built in rhythm styles and nuanced features, including a weighted keyboard that simulates a concert grand.

Reaction score
I really had to dig in,to find the P500 keyboard.Do you really want a 20+ year old piano that originally went for $3,300? If you can find a used one that hasn't completely fallen apart,the used price,is probably going to be as much as the DGX670.
I myself,do not have high expectations for the DGX670's speaker system,but with all the money one would save buying the DGX670,there are all sorts of options for external speakers.
I haven't heard them personally,but it seems that the Nord Piano Monitors would be ideal for small, coffee-house gigs.Having these speakers paired up with the DGX670,seems like a stellar combo.
I've read that the Nord Piano monitors are quite good, but they've got less kick wattage than the Yamaha S400's, so can't believe they'd be any better. Guess I'll have to try them out, perhaps at a Guitar Center. Thanks

Reaction score
Interesting.

I had not picked up that the onboard amp/speaker system is a mere 6Wx2 which is next to useless for anything other than home use, there is simply no headroom.

Reaction score
Yamaha has finally announced a replacement for its popular DGX-660 digital piano-- the DGX-670:

DGX-670 Portable Grand Piano - Yamaha USA

I'll try to do a basic comparison of their specs later, but one thing that jumps out at me right off the bat is that the DGX-670 is XG compatible, as well as GS, GM, and GM2 compatible, which is a major step up from the DGX-660's XGlite and GM compatibility.

Also, it can play 4 style variations, which is an improvement over the DGX-660's limitation of 2 style variations.
Hi!
I am having hsrx time locatkng a dgx 670 kn white...... there is no delivery dates before nov.2021!! I am thinling of dgx 660 instead......would love to have uour opinion. Are you doing a comparison any time soon? Thank you for your advice

Reaction score
Welcome.

Does it have to be a white version?

Here in the UK the 670 is scheduled for deliveries on a few websites as the end May.

I would only buy a 660 if it was very heavily discounted.

The 670 is a total redesign and not a cosmetic update.

Reaction score
Hi Biggles
Yes ....I reslly eould love it to be white....it looks so pretty znd I would have a lot more pleasure practicing on it!!!
You are right about not going for 660!! I have a (humhum..dont laugh...)a psr 413 which works well but i found that I cannot play on other piano/ keyboard becsuse i am so used to the very soft keys on my toy!!!

Ask a Question