DGX-670

Reaction score
Yes you can in the mixer.

1) In the Master Eq you can turn up the complete signal: Raises the vol across the whole spectrum.

2) In the compressor if turned on, you can decide the output signal. Logically if turned off the output increases.

3) In the mixer you can adjust all the incoming signals independently, under here the microphone, which you can also adjust by entering its respective menu: The "Mic Setting" button.

4) The master volume is decided with that knob.

5) If you use an external audio interface, then you may also play with that.

6) In the Menu/ Utility select either on, off or Headphones to turn on off the internal speakers. When plugging a pa into the 1/4" jack headphone output, well then that is what receives the signal. You may have the dp's speakers turned on as well, simultaneously.
One may split the out signal and monitor with headphones as well, although that may lower the output since splitting it up.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Yes you can in the mixer.

1) In the Master Eq you can turn up the complete signal: Raises the vol across the whole spectrum.

2) In the compressor if turned on, you can decide the output signal. Logically if turned off the output increases.

3) In the mixer you can adjust all the incoming signals independently, under here the microphone, which you can also adjust by entering its respective menu: The "Mic Setting" button.

4) The master volume is decided with that knob.

5) If you use an external audio interface, then you may also play with that.

6) In the Menu/ Utility select either on, off or Headphones to turn on off the internal speakers. When plugging a pa into the 1/4" jack headphone output, well then that is what receives the signal. You may have the dp's speakers turned on as well, simultaneously.
One may split the out signal and monitor with headphones as well, although that may lower the output since splitting it up.
Thanks for that - is there any indication within the compressor that you're actually at "line level"?

Reaction score
As a Korg guy is pains me to say that the DGX is a very good machine and probably the best in class.

At 47 lbs it is probably far to heavy for this old guy
The new Fender Rhodes MK2 weghs in at 75 lbs. Actually lighter than usual for a rhodes, lol.
the hammond b3 was hundreds of lbs and even more with a LESLIE speaker and even more with floor pedals...
i think the new hammons sk1 -73 is only 15 pounds though, so theres that, lol
the amazing Yamaha DX-7 is 'just' 31 lbs... sigh

Reaction score
The new Fender Rhodes MK2 weghs in at 75 lbs. Actually lighter than usual for a rhodes, lol.
the hammond b3 was hundreds of lbs and even more with a LESLIE speaker and even more with floor pedals...
i think the new hammons sk1 -73 is only 15 pounds though, so theres that, lol
the amazing Yamaha DX-7 is 'just' 31 lbs... sigh
I agree. Not too heavy. Full of great sounds, a nice keybed and organised and user friendly functions. Yamaha, pay me some for those true words. Kidding. My piano is like an occasional lover that I don't touch every day, but when I do, wow. Still married to it though.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Why IS the DGX so heavy anyways? The speakers aren't significantly bigger than the P125 which weighs 25 lbs less, and the action is identical. Maybe "She's So Heavy" is included in a built in song or style or something . . .

Reaction score
And my Kurzweil weighs 82 lbs in its case, so cry me a river:(

Gary ;)
Ouch! Does it move around much? And all comedy aside any idea why the dgx is twice the weight of the P125? (Same action/weights in both) - always wondered why dgx’s are as heavy as they are

Reaction score
Ouch! Does it move around much? And all comedy aside any idea why the dgx is twice the weight of the P125? (Same action/weights in both) - always wondered why dgx’s are as heavy as they are
More features and functionality => more hardware => higher weight

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
My Kurzweil doesn’t move much fortunately.

As for the weight?

DGX is aimed at the home market and is designed to be furniture.

People think heavy furniture is “good” furniture:)

Probably more plastic in the lighter models.

Gary;)

Reaction score
My Kurzweil doesn’t move much fortunately.

As for the weight?

DGX is aimed at the home market and is designed to be furniture.

People think heavy furniture is “good” furniture:)

Probably more plastic in the lighter models.

Gary;)
Apart from being marketed as a PORTABLE Grand.

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
If you need a stage piano to tour with, you'll take a MODX or a Montage or a CP4 with you. They're not all that portable either.

Calling a DGX a "portable grand" is just so much marketing babblegab.

There are lies, there are damned lies and there are marketing phrases. :p

Gary ;)

Reaction score
If you need a stage piano to tour with, you'll take a MODX or a Montage or a CP4 with you. They're not all that portable either.

Calling a DGX a "portable grand" is just so much marketing babblegab.

There are lies, there are damned lies and there are marketing phrases. :p

Gary ;)
I agree it is contradictory to market it as a portable grand, have it weigh that much, especially including the tripedal which has to be mounted with a stand that adds to the weight: As opposed to a free standing triple pedal as offered by fex Kawai and Nord.
So I did not buy the triple pedal in order to keep it as portable as possible. Also a stage piano should probably have a line out and not a headphone output with a double function.

But of course such details are meant to incite one to buy a more expensive model. However Dgx is one of its kind so no similar upgrade models with such simple work flow and UI.

Nevertheless I appreciate all that I got with this DP. Perfect match with me.

Last edited:

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
Personally I think it's irresponsible to label a $900 keyboard as comparable to a $70K Bosendorfer and anyone who is gullible enough to believe that kind of marketing hype deserves what he gets.

You bought a Gold Rolex in an alley for $50 and cry foul when it turns your wrist green :p

That's like me calling my sh*tbox van an "economy Rolls Royce" :)

It's so common these days it simply bounces off my crap detector when I need to do my homework.

Gary ;)

Reaction score
If we compare a dp with a dp and not a real piano, then the sounds on the dgx are about as impressive as they get.

Not like they loaded crappy samplings onto the board.

So therefore it's yet other differences that make the price go up. Such as the key mechanism and other features that make the dp approximate the real deal better.

However since the dgx is not in the toy range, the sounds are of high quality.

Also the key mechanism may be the best option for a combined piano samples, synthesizer, organ, guitar and flute capable piano. Hence a more heavy and piano like key action would have compromised on the other than piano capabilities.☺️

Reaction score
Does anyone know if you can specify the output gain level for the headphone out on the DGX-670 like you could on the DGX-660 (pg 58 of 660's manual)? I don't see that in the 670's manual anywhere. On the 660 you could switch it from an amp'd headphone out to a line level (for a PA) out. Would be a huge shame if they took that out given they don't have L/R line outs.
I FINALLY heard back from Yamaha about this, and the answer is no, you cannot specify switching the headphone output to line level on the DGX-670 like you could on the 660.

Here is their response: "The DGX-670 does not have the same option to change to line level as the DGX-660. Changing to line level on the DGX-660 would provide line-level at the required impedance of the line level specification".

So if I read that correctly, the 660 would disable any amplification built into the headphone port (like in all headphone ports - to drive the headphone speakers) to return that port to proper line level; and that's gone from the 670 - that's a shame. Dino had posted that you can achieve the same thing using the mixer and just modifying the output level, but I don't think that's really the same thing - if the headphone amp built into the port is still active, then even if your output volume is lower, there is still an active amp in the port which will result in a lower quality / noisier audio signal.

Oh well that's probably fine anyways; you can record high quality direct audio to a flash drive, and since there is an audio interface built into the USB port, you can also get high quality direct audio out from there to a phone for a video, or to a DAW on a device. The only thing that you're missing out on is a high quality audio signal to an amp, but this beast is too big to lug around to perform with anyways, so for home use and recording, no big loss there.

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
If you really need to output to speakers my recommendation would be to get a DI box or a cheap mixer like the 5 channel behringer and route the output thru either one.

Personally I haven't bought a piece of gear without 1/4" line outs in over 2 decades. :)

Gary ;)

Ask a Question