DGX660

Reaction score
Hi folks
Please help, just bought a dgx 660 88 weighted key portable piano and can't get the style accompanment to play even after following instructions in manual to press style/acmp/sync/exit and check 'amp' on screen... apparently 'acmp' not appearing on screen afterwards and am not getting any sound from left side of key_sets but getting perfect sound on right hand side keys. I know this sounds amateurish (which is what I am) but please somebody HELP!!!

Reaction score
Hi.

Did you buy the keyboard new or has it had a prior owner?

Whilst the piano sounds are no doubt typical Yamaha in being good to very good there are reviews that state that the Arranger functions at not up to the expectations of some buyers. If this is the case then once the system is working as it should you may need to consider your long term ownership of the keyboard.

SInce you have followed the instructions and are having problems then perhaps a keyboard reset will help.

On most Yamaha models this is achieved by holing down the further right key whilst then powering on the keyboard.

If when you have tried this there is still a problem then I suggest that you seek to return it to the seller.

Reaction score
Hi Biggles
Thanx for the prompt response to my call of 'discord'

I bought it as new from Rimmers this PM. Guess it's all down to me not having enough experience in how to go about it with dgx660, very different from ctk 6200 I had (trying to move up keyboard ladder slowly)

Will try your advice and give feed back,

Many many thanx...

Reaction score
OMG Rimmers

Please tell me that you bought it online from them and not instore?

Their T&C’s are vastly different between instore and online, only ever buy online from them, in fact I now never buy from them.

A&C Hamilton in Preston are light years better.

Back to your problems, there may be some online video tutorials that may offer a degree of help. As it is most keyboard manufacturers do seem to produce pretty poor manuals that tell you everything apart from the one thing that is stopping you from using the keyboard. This overview may give you a clue.

Reaction score
Biggles, you are my 'knight in shining armour'...did a reset and 'presto!' ....working like magic....thank you, thank you, thank you....
Hey, bought it in store (unfortunately)....will take your advice (know where A & C Hamilton Preston are)
Thanx for the link too...

Reaction score
You are most welcome and many thanks for your kind words.

If you are not aware there is a huge Musical Instrument store just outside the City centre in the estate off Regent Road.

PMT are their name, it is useful place to visit if you are looking for kit as they have a vast range on display. I visited there a couple of times to try out kit.

A&C Hamilton are on the western side of Preston on Blackpool Road hence very easy to get to, but also just abut 5 minutes from junction 31A of the M6 is Music Matters another large store that primarily has Korg, Yamaha, Roland and Nord keyboards all set up and ready to play. The have drums, DJ kit and a host of MIDI kit.

If you fancy a day out at the seaside then Morecambe is the pkace to head for, right on the Promenade there is Promenade Music which is an Aladdins Cave of instruments of all kinds.

Ask a Question