DS61

Reaction score
My DS61 has Version 1.06 and while it states the newest 2.10 is not needed for the DS61, it appears the 2.00 maybe needed. Can I just download (if thats possible) and install the 2.00 or do I have to install the 2.10 which will include whats needed in the 2.00?

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
Always best to install the latest version.

And you don't usually have to install intermediate versions first in order to install the newest version unless the directions specifically tell you to.

And if I might add, BE VERY CAREFUL AND PATIENT.

Follow directions to the letter and be certain that you don't do it during a storm when you might lose power. Don't shut it down until you know it is safe to do so.

Otherwise you could brick the board and end up having to send it to the factory for service.

Gary ;)

Reaction score
Always best to install the latest version.

And you don't usually have to install intermediate versions first in order to install the newest version unless the directions specifically tell you to.

And if I might add, BE VERY CAREFUL AND PATIENT.

Follow directions to the letter and be certain that you don't do it during a storm when you might lose power. Don't shut it down until you know it is safe to do so.

Otherwise you could brick the board and end up having to send it to the factory for service.

Gary ;)
But Gary, she seems to work fine. Maybe NO update???

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
I've updated from 1.10 to 2.0. I didn't even realize there was a 2.10. I may do the update to 2.10 myself this weekend.

Believe me. The update is worthwhile for working with the new sounds and the new editor and just general bug fixes.

I'd say don't bother with 2.0 and go straight to 2,10 if it allows you to make that jump, but read the installation notes carefully. If it says to upgrade to 2.0 before going to 2.10 then by all means follow directions.

Gary ;)

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
I just looked at the update page.

Firmware 2.00 is not available for download.

However if you are running 1.06 then 2.10 is strongly advised.

Firmware 2.00 need not be upgraded to 2.10 simply because it is a patch for the DS76.

My advice is to upgrade directly to 2.10. You are missing out on a few features they added with 2.XX

Gary ;)

Reaction score
Got to pick up a bigger flash drive 1st. For some reason it wants me to use one with at least 32gigs

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
Flash memory is pretty cheap these days.

Shouldn't set you back more than 20 bucks :)

Gary ;)

Last edited:

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
I just performed the update on my DS61. It took all of about 3 minutes from download to completion.

It should take you a minute or two longer however, since you're going from 1.06 to 2.10

Gary ;)

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
Here's what you'll gain in the upgrade from 1.60

[ Ver.2.10 ] SEP 2018
  • An update was made for the purpose of program commonality with the JUNO-DS76.
    * If you're using the JUNO-DS61 or JUNO-DS88, operation is unaffected by this change.

[ Ver.2.00 ] MAR 2018
Functionality Improvements
  • When recalling a Favorite, Program Change and Bank Select MIDI messages are now sent.
  • MIDI note messages can now be output using phrase pads.
  • In the Wave Group parameter for patch or drum-kit editing, user-samples and multi-samples are now selectable.
  • Octave shift is now available when in the DAW control mode.
  • The pad level-meter display conditions have been changed.
  • The user memory space has been enlarged.

Please refer to the "JUNO-DS Version 2.00 Supplementary Manual" for detailed information in the [ Owner's Manuals ].

Gary ;)

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
Congrats on the update.

I'm currently looking to upgrade my DS61 for a DS88 but only if I can negotiate the right deal.

Gary ;)

Reaction score
Congrats on the update.

I'm currently looking to upgrade my DS61 for a DS88 but only if I can negotiate the right deal.

Gary ;)
Excellent, for me it was a big difference just between the 49 and 61. 88, you can spread your wings.

Ask a Question