Help: Need a keyboard recommendation!

Reaction score
I'm a complete beginner at playing a piano and would like to learn some tunes.
I'm currently looking for a keyboard that can teach using lighted keys, and be able to teach me songs from midis I've gotten online. (i.e. I plug in a USB containing midi files can it can play/teach me the keys to press using the lighted keys)

Not sure if there is such a piano keyboard in the market... If there is, can someone please recommend me a model and the estimated price for it?

Thanks a lot! =]

PS: sorry if this a a simple question, I don't have friends who play music... =[

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
There's only a couple of lighted keyboards on the market and they are pretty awful sounding entry level boards with no weighted hammer action on their keys.

If you really wish to learn piano style I'd suggest a Casio Privia PX-150 as a decent entry level board.

As for lighted keys, most of us here agree that lighted keys are pretty much a gimmick which actually impedes the proper learning process of music theory and muscle memory.

If you insist on having a lighted learning aid though, there's a gadget from Australia called the Pianomaestro which gives you lighted keys on ANY keyboard.

http://www.thepianomaestro.com/

Gary ;)

Ask a Question