Help with Yamaha E313

Reaction score
Hi All,

Just got a second hand yamaha E313 for my son since he is just doing his grade 1 piano exam and he needed something touch sensitive so he could practice playing "louds" and "softs". After 2 weeks all the G and C sharp notes have gone really loud in touch sensitive mode and everything else is normal volume. When switch off touch sensitive all notes are OK. Have tried both the resets listed in the handbook but still the same. Do not have any more money to buy him another one so any suggestions really appreciated.

Ken

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
Sorry to say your options for velocity sensitivity curves are extremely limited with that model keyboard. The only option you have is to turn it on or off with no degrees of control in between.

http://www2.yamaha.co.jp/manual/pdf/emi/english/port/psre313_en_om.pdf

I'd say either get him a proper electronic piano with suitable control parameters or learn to make do with what you have.

Reaction score
HI Ken, welcome to the forums. If you can find someone with a regular acoustic piano that will allow him to practice on it, then I would suggest that as the best option. A "piano" student really should be learning on a real piano, or at least something that can closely approximate the feel and action of a real piano. He can get more sensitivity training if he practiced his piano lesson on a snare drum. Don

Ask a Question