Keyboard Rig Pics

Reaction score
Here's my setup at home. I take the three keyboards on the apex stand and the keytar with me when I play out...
Keyboard Setup.jpg

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
I can't read the diploma on the wall. Do you have to remind yourself that you're a graduate when you play? ;)

j/k

Nice rig...

Gary ;)

Reaction score
20210105_000012.jpg
20210105_000047.jpg

Some pics of my rig. (at home and totally "dawless";)) the old Akai to the most left doesent go on gigs)
Roland EA7, Yamaha MX49 , Presonus Studio AR8, Akai multitrack recorder, Alto speakers 2x400w.
Not in picture: my old Technics SX-KN800, kept it as a nice vintage keyboard! -
Have a nice 2021 - Levi in Sweden

Last edited:
Reaction score
I sold off my minilogue this weekend and ordered a Behringer Deepmind 6 as an upgrade replacement. The little brother to the Deepmind 12. Functionally identical to the 12 except half as many voices.

It should be arriving this Tuesday....

Pics to come .... :)

Gary ;)
The Deepmind is great

Reaction score
This is my Tyros 1. Built into an old pine bunk bed frame with pc recording and software. Installed on the landing of our house, I spend many happy hours up here.
Our Technics sx-Pr900 Digital ensemble is way too heavy to haul up here, but handy for quick composing ideas downstairs.

Attachments

• IMG_20201230_115433.jpg
    IMG_20201230_115433.jpg
    117.5 KB · Views: 93
Reaction score
This is my Tyros 1. Built into an old pine bunk bed frame with pc recording and software. Installed on the landing of our house, I spend many happy hours up here.
Our Technics sx-Pr900 Digital ensemble is way too heavy to haul up here, but handy for quick composing ideas downstairs.

The 900 is nice, i kept my 800, for pure nostalgic reasons - (a smaller keyb.version) - they were both state of the art at the time back then - greetings, Levi

Last edited:
Reaction score
The 900 is nice, i kept my 800, for pure nostalgic reasons - (a smaller keyb.version) - they were both state of the art at the time back then - greetings, Levi
Thanks. Yes my wife and I love our Technics, and it still has imho one of the best pipe organ sounds ever!

Reaction score
From a couple of years ago. Kong N364, Roland XP-60, Motif ES7, Roland W-30, Yamaha MX-88 through a Behringer XR-12. We run a Behringer X32 for FOH, so I set up my own in-ear monitor mix, hence the plethora of iPads, one for my X32 feed, one for the XR-12 mixer and a third to reference patch changes. Can’t seem to get away from the 70’s-80’s!! My old keytar is stored away in a case, as is the Clavinet and various other dinosaurs.

Attachments

• C8FD1096-7654-4166-9264-53FD3E702720.jpeg
    C8FD1096-7654-4166-9264-53FD3E702720.jpeg
    177.4 KB · Views: 491
Reaction score
Good on you. You can't get away from 70's /80's when music was performed by musicians with skill, talent and style because most of it since then, imho has been absolute rubbish! Today's so called music, mostly performed by pouting wannabees with the personalities of goldfish! Just tuneless repetitive junk.

I play easy listening and 40's/60's smooth jazz, and people love it. I also love the music of Gert Van Hoef, one of the best and youngest organists on this planet.

Reaction score
Ditched the 3 tier "spider" for home - still use it live with the two keyboards and lower shelf. for home - I reverted to the K&M 18820 but build a couple of angled shelves (using shop display racking) for the modules..... which aloud me to make a 4th tier that Ive already filled..... and I STILL want more lol.

Attachments

• 20210106_200038.jpg
    20210106_200038.jpg
    166.5 KB · Views: 155

3dc

Reaction score
MyRig.jpg

My entry level or beginner rig:

M-Audio Oxygen Pro 61 MIDI Controller
M-Audio SP-1 Sustain pedal
M-Audio BX8 D3 Speakers
Bayerdynamic DT 770 PRO 250 Ohm Headphones
Behringer UMC204HD Audio Interface
Behringer TM1 Microphone
FL Studio All Plugins Edition DAW
3D/Audio/Video Workstation ( Ryzen7, 32 GB RAM , 2TB SSD, 8GB GPU ).

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
I've been working feverishly on upgrading the RAM to PC4 32 Gigs each and Hard Drives to 1 TB SSD drives on all my computers the past few months as well as upgrading the OSes to the latest stable version of Linux. This alone banishes obsolescence from my systems for another 5 years

Have also moved around a few pieces of gear and added a Behringer Poly D to the mix while selling off the M-Audio Venom for more than I originally paid for it.

The Moog style ladder filter is a trip once you get used to it and now a few last minute configuration adjustments and I can start recording again.

I've also done some rewiring in the living room studio and now can record in there as well. Have also laid my hands on a few oddball percussive instruments to play around with and eventually include into my mixes.

Stay tuned tomorrow when I post a full blown synth remix of the simple little tune I recorded with my Juno last week.

Now here's this year's pics. I think it will end up staying this way for years to come.

Time to get back into the freaky sounding stuff :D

Gary ;)

Last edited:
Reaction score
My current working setup...
Rig.jpg
Bottom to top, that's a Casio PX-500L, Vox Continental 73, Nord Stage 3 Compact, and Nord Lead 3 on the left; and on the right, it's a Kurzweil PC4, Yamaha MODX7, and Korg PA1000.

Boards not pictured that still have pretty high status in my stable at the moment:

Roland AX-Edge - because everyone needs a keytar (it's also a nice sounding lightweight board with aftertouch, and good patch selection functions including MIDI zoning, and now it has the zen-core compatibility/expansions, too).

Korg Microstation - best knock-around travel board (good traveling iPad MIDI controller, too).

Nord C1 - there's something about playing a double manual (but I may have found a very close substitute in the pic above, with the Vox under the Stage, which is a new experiment).

Casio PX-5S - this one has popped in and out of my gig rigs with some regularity. It seems that just when I think it's out, it pulls me back in.

Viscount K5 - I keep meaning to spend some more time with this and iPad/Surface Pro integration. (Though the Kurz is a really nice controller, too.)

As for the future, I may be looking at how a PC4-7 and/or a Hammond SK Pro could change the equation a bit...

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
How long are your arms man that you can reach the top tier on the left?

My crotch would be bouncing off the bottom tier if I tried to play in that position :)

Gary ;)

Reaction score
:) I'm only 5'9", but I can reach and simultaneously play any combination of two, except I can't play both top boards at the same time. If my math is right, that means I can play 20 out of the 21 possible combinations of two boards in those stacks!

3dc

Reaction score
I have to ask:
Are you guys even use any DAW with all that arrangers, synths and workstations? :D

Reaction score
I use Pro Tools to record. I have dabbled with using iPad apps and VSTs, but have not yet fully integrated them into my rig. I wouldn't use a DAW for that, though.

Ask a Question