Keyboard Rig Pics

Reaction score
I don't understand? The XLR inputs on both my mixers, the Yamaha and the Mackie, are the type with the centre 1/4" hole and can handle any sort of input from line levels to guitars to mics with or without phantom power,

There should be no need for DI boxes. I only use 1 DI box on the Yamaha for the connection to the computer to eliminate some stray hum.

You may wanna check your manual to see if the inputs can be switched.

Gary ;)
Ah, I understand the confusion. The back panel of my mixer has 2 rows of 8 inputs. The top row is standard XLRs. The second row has the XLR with the 1/4 inch hole for guitar cables. On one stand I have 3 synths with stereo outputs. I also use one for my mono Moog Grand mother and on e for my guitar/bass. But I have other keyboards too. My old Korg Trtion Pro X for example. I have them running onto my old Tapco mixer. I guess I could just plug that into my XLR inputs. I have a stereo Behringer tube mic pre-amp too. I;m sure I can get everything to work. It's just time, effort, and life versus, well, doing it! Laziness is a life style! I'm slowly getting there! Sometimes I just want to watch TV and chill with my wife! And cats!

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
I just installed a nuclear reactor in the solarium to power my living room studio. ;) :D :D :D

nuke-20211101T144030-0001.jpeg

Gary ;)

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
And you can work on your tan, too! Love it!

Seriously though, I'm very concerned about the amount of UV-A and UV-B that I'm getting from the grow light I had to install to ensure my tropical garden's survival this winter.

It's amazing what kind of indoor growing technology is readily available on the web these days with the legalization of cannabis these past few years.

But like every piece of mass produced electrical junk from China these days there's no spec on UV-A and UV-B other than 2 x 10 Watt LED emitters.

Even after installing a frosted tint on the interior windows, at night, white objects still fluoresce.

The tint is rated to stop 85% of UV-A and 92% of UV-B.

Well, if I do end up with cataracts, I'll still have a bitchen tan :D :D :D

Gary ;)

Reaction score
Korg EK-50 thru a Gemini PA - 300BT. Alto Zephyr 122FX mixer - great small set-up for about 150 people (60' by 100' church).

Attachments

• MusicSetUp3.jpg
    MusicSetUp3.jpg
    93.9 KB · Views: 34
Reaction score
Wow. Well, I have the one in the middle at least (Fantom) - and a few of it's predecessors in storage ;)

Reaction score
Wow. Well, I have the one in the middle at least (Fantom) - and a few of it's predecessors in storage ;)
ive done a breakdown here:

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
And now with audio and signal flowcharts just for Mr rat.

Right now I'm waiting for my Fedex delivery of the Radiation Hazard sign for my studio :D :D :D

Top that!!! ;)

A fully documented workplace is a SAFE workplace :D :D :D

Gary ;)

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
What is behind the door?

A 900 Watt Grow Light that puts out enough UV to give you cataracts or a sunburn.

That's why I put the frosted tint on my solarium.

Inside are my tropical plants.

Fingers crossed that they'll make it thru the winter. :rolleyes:

Gary ;)

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
BTW, the eerie purple glow is only visible at night.

It is ACTUALLY the white plastic tint fluorescing under all that UV.

It's the only SAFE way to disco blacklight in my club :D :D :D

Gary ;)

Reaction score
L
My current working setup... View attachment 2132Bottom to top, that's a Casio PX-500L, Vox Continental 73, Nord Stage 3 Compact, and Nord Lead 3 on the left; and on the right, it's a Kurzweil PC4, Yamaha MODX7, and Korg PA1000.

Boards not pictured that still have pretty high status in my stable at the moment:

Roland AX-Edge - because everyone needs a keytar (it's also a nice sounding lightweight board with aftertouch, and good patch selection functions including MIDI zoning, and now it has the zen-core compatibility/expansions, too).

Korg Microstation - best knock-around travel board (good traveling iPad MIDI controller, too).

Nord C1 - there's something about playing a double manual (but I may have found a very close substitute in the pic above, with the Vox under the Stage, which is a new experiment).

Casio PX-5S - this one has popped in and out of my gig rigs with some regularity. It seems that just when I think it's out, it pulls me back in.

Viscount K5 - I keep meaning to spend some more time with this and iPad/Surface Pro integration. (Though the Kurz is a really nice controller, too.)

As for the future, I may be looking at how a PC4-7 and/or a Hammond SK Pro could change the equation a bit...
Do you like the continental as a stand alone keyboard?
[/QUOTE]

Ask a Question