Keyboard Rig Pics

Reaction score
Very nice! Next we need a video studio tour.
Then we need to see and hear you playing one of your songs.
Something along the lines of State Azure but doing your own thing.
A video like what he does kinda.
BTW. I dind;t see your bongos in your wiring diagram!

I'm a few months away from my new studio.

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
Bongos are mic'ed along with the melodica and my neighbour's guitar. :)

We've had a couple of fun Jam sessions the last few months so I realized I had to go from MIDI recording to audio.

Losing the computer last year to a hacker put the fear of god into me so now the Tascam makes me less dependent on it.

I picked it up just after Xmas for a decent price and it's surprisingly easy to use while also being capable of sophisticated audio editing.

But anyone who ever used a tape recorder would figure it out pretty quickly.

This video got me up and running in no time.

Gary ;)

Reaction score
That's the older model with a built in CD burner.
Actually, no...

I researched the Tascam "Models" (comes in Model 12, 16 or 24 variations), all called Mixer/Interface/Recorder. They have different capabilities than the DP series. The older DP24 had the CD burner -- and Midi I believe -- and per posts on the Tascam forum, those are still very much in demand.

If I recall correctly, the DP/DP-SD units are better for recording, mixdown and mastering all on their own, while the Model units were better for live mixing, then sending the audio to a DAW for mixdown and mastering. It's been awhile since I reviewed all that info (spent many hours doing the research) but that's what I remember overall.

And may I add -- wow, what an awesome studio you have!

Old No7

Reaction score
I have an old Yamaha AW16G that I still sometimes use, when my computer is really acting up. It's 16 channels, no midi and no USB though it does have a CD burner. I sometimes use it as a secondary mixer but I haven't done that in a long time.

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
Very nice! Next we need a video studio tour.
Then we need to see and hear you playing one of your songs.
Something along the lines of State Azure but doing your own thing.
A video like what he does kinda.
BTW. I dind;t see your bongos in your wiring diagram!

I'm a few months away from my new studio.

No no no, you save the live tour for when CD sales begin to slump :D :D :D

My advice on the new studio you're building?

"Measure twice and cut once..." :D

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
I just looked back at the start of this thread.

It's weird watching your equipment evolve from year to year going back over a decade :eek:

Reaction score
I just looked back at the start of this thread.

It's weird watching your equipment evolve from year to year going back over a decade :eek:
I bet! I've aquired more and for Christmas, my wife bought me an ART stereo tube compressor. I"m not buying anything more until I get set up in my new studio. The very first things that are going in are bass traps and acoustic panels.

Reaction score
My Roland M-VS1

Attachments

• AAD9BDF0-3040-4227-B073-166ABF3A7185.jpeg
    AAD9BDF0-3040-4227-B073-166ABF3A7185.jpeg
    44.9 KB · Views: 10
Reaction score
Seems like its nearly 18 months since my last picture.... Things have evoled a little.

Deep mind 12, Modal Argon 8 have both gone, with other things comming in (Prophet6, OB6 - with the LFE module to add extra modulation options - and Iridium Keyboard). Pyramid sequencer has been replaced with a Hapax, and the little mixer for the small keys rack is now a 1U line mixer under the shelf (as there is on the main rack). The Hapax and TR8s are now Vesa mounted to free up synth space in thge rack - the Hapax particularly is well placed as its accessible from both seating positions.

ZiaZW0D.jpg

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
Seems like its nearly 18 months since my last picture.... Things have evoled a little.

Deep mind 12, Modal Argon 8 have both gone, with other things comming in (Prophet6, OB6 - with the LFE module to add extra modulation options - and Iridium Keyboard). Pyramid sequencer has been replaced with a Hapax, and the little mixer for the small keys rack is now a 1U line mixer under the shelf (as there is on the main rack). The Hapax and TR8s are now Vesa mounted to free up synth space in thge rack - the Hapax particularly is well placed as its accessible from both seating positions.

ZiaZW0D.jpg

Awesome!!!

Have you made contact with the mothership yet? :D :D :D ;)

BTW, documentation is everything!!! Do you have any wiring diagrams you'd like to share?

Gary ;)

Reaction score
Awesome!!!

Have you made contact with the mothership yet? :D :D :D ;)

BTW, documentation is everything!!! Do you have any wiring diagrams you'd like to share?

Gary ;)
I have a very poor hand drawn midi flow I drew for someone of a FB group.... Thats about it lol.

ill get round to a better one at some point along with an audio path.

5rTl5Tz.jpg

The key here is the flexibility of some units. RD2000, Fantom and Pro 3 have 2 assignable midi outs. Hapax has 4. That with the Motus midis 4in 6 out (with internal patching to stop loops) and 3 simple 2 into 1 mergers means I can play any sound source, from any of the keybeds (usefull given Iridiums Poly Aftertouch) - I can record into Hapax from any keybed, and replay every sound source from Hapax as well. I can sequence drums on Hapax OR sync start from Hapax and use its internal sequencer.

Last edited:

Ask a Question