Keyboard Rig Pics

Reaction score
Niiice. Hopefully the M3 stays - It's a great keyboard. Probably the best overall workstation today (if you consider the price and the features it has)

Hmm... just a question. If that's a M3-61, how come you have those metal plates next to the module?

Mine has smooth waivy white plastic. Aren't metal parts for 73/88 key version?

Reaction score
Niiice. Hopefully the M3 stays - It's a great keyboard. Probably the best overall workstation today (if you consider the price and the features it has)

Hmm... just a question. If that's a M3-61, how come you have those metal plates next to the module?

Mine has smooth waivy white plastic. Aren't metal parts for 73/88 key version?[/QUOTE]

Thanks Skipp for the compliments :)!

My M3 is the 73-key model, and at the moment I don't feel the need for the Radias expantion - although that is a possibility in the future.

I've had a Korg M50-88 since January 2009, & it was my 'go-to' keyboard for everything!

The Nord Stage has now replaced that as my 88 note 'board (I need the full range, coming from a piano-playing background)

So the M3 has basically replaced the M50, & I'm definietly keeping it... the M50 unfortunately has to go. - It's served me well.

(if anyone in the UK is interested in it, contact me?)

I'm enjoying this set-up immensely, & (hopefully!) long may it continue :)

Reaction score
Yea... if you're playing a lot of piano songs you really can't settle for anything less then 88 weighted keys.

It's brilliant when you have 2 boards on stage and both are suited for totally different things (a stage piano + a workstation). Together they tend to make a perfect live setup :)

Reaction score
No pics, yet.

• Kurzweil PC1SE (76 key, weighted keys)
  • Korg M50-61
  • Korg Trinity Rack module
  • Soundcraft EFX8 Mixer
  • Two powered 15", 2-way monitors.

Reaction score
get a korg cx3-if your a hammond player!--i own a b-3 and a leslie 122 (x2)--and i love my little korg for giging---just cant haula hammond around anymore----and the korg has the best leslie effect going of them all---i know cause once ina while i'll hook my leslie up to it--the sound man goes nuts--he likes the ease of just plugging in the korg---

Reaction score
This is one of my first forums Ive really ever been on, sorry for the "noobness". Ive been starting to play keys and synths alot recently. And I am really expanding on my rig. My budget is one of a poor lowly college student, so right now Im rocking the M-Audio Axiom 49 powered with Logic Mainstage 2 with rewired Ableton Live for loops. I also have just ordered the new Korg PS60 Performance Synth. I have played constantly with it at the stores I have been able to find it available. For the money its amazing, taking the sounds of the M3 and M50, I am super stoked to get it. When the next semester comes around in a few weeks Ill have a job (God is Good, All The Time) and plan on saving to get the Alesis Micron.

Its awesome seeing all of your rigs, makes me excited to see where I grow!

Blessings...

Reaction score
new pic!

Attachments

• Screen shot 2011-02-01 at 10.39.09 PM.jpg
    Screen shot 2011-02-01 at 10.39.09 PM.jpg
    23.2 KB · Views: 665
Reaction score
My rig!

M-Audio Axiom 49

Korg PS60

Macbook Pro running Mainstage 2 ((Just ordered the whole Motif XS 8 Sample Library for the EXS 24....SO STOKED!!))

Mackie 12 channel mixer (I use this to run my keys from the outs of direct boxes that way i can mix myself over my main mix through my in ears)

and I use a Korg Nanopad to trigger samples when i need them or background tonic notes. (not pictured though, will usually go infront of my laptop.)

Attachments

• Keyboard.jpg
    Keyboard.jpg
    51.9 KB · Views: 672
Reaction score
I actually live in Southern California and have been playing at a few different church the past year and a half.

Its been great honing in on my skills as a synth player with all the experience, but ive felt it put on my heart to really just commit to one church. So theres a church called Vantage Point in Corona, CA that im going to start being a regular at. great church plant with high quality equipment and it just love the atmosphere.

Ive checked out your Neorising page....it looks really awesome man.

Reaction score
thats pretty slick! just outta curosity, are you guys doing more hillsong, Jesus culture, tomlin/passion? and are you guys making your own loops or buying htem?

Reaction score
most of the churches I play at do anything from Hillsong/Jesus Culture to modernized Hymns like Tim Hughes When I Survey kinda songs. Its pretty great to have musicians that are flexible stylisticly.

As for loops. The church that I have played at dont use loops very often. But when I think it would be a good time use them I will make them either in Logic or Ableton. I usually use them to fill out softer sections of songs. Like take the pre bridge part of Hillsong's With Everything. While the piano line is more present, ill usually make a tonic E loop that sustains with ambient noise on top of it, and do swells with my other keyboards. Also i will make intros for songs sometimes. I played at a youth group in december that opened up with God Of This City and I made a loop that took the lead line and put a hip-hop-ish beat below it and we ran it right into the song itself

Reaction score
ah nice! and good call on with everything, i think that is the one worship song that is the most fun to play! i saw hillsong live at passion 2010 and the entire MARTA (subway system in atlanta) was singing the woah oh's it was pretty crazy!

Reaction score
yea i was at the encounter conference when they were in Anaheim. im goin to their Aftermath concert at Staples Center a month from today, and im pretty excited.

Reaction score
my new toy i just got tonight! Magnus Chord Organ...gunna add some cool textures to some worship songs....sounds like an accordion or harmonica!

Attachments

• Photo on 2011-02-03 at 21.27.jpg
    Photo on 2011-02-03 at 21.27.jpg
    85.9 KB · Views: 793
Reaction score
if you listen to Jesus Culture's Oh Lord Youre Beautfiul, in the middle of the song youll hear a Harmonium, which is basically a chord organ but its a manually power billows.

I need to tune mine though, its about 10 cents sharp of A440. Although I want to experiement running it through pitch correction plugin in Mainstage and see what that does. Tuning it would be a fun weekend project though.

Reaction score
ah gotcha, Melissa How was my favorate, too bad shes not on the new cd... :(

but yeah you could probably do something cool with some tremolo and adjusting the cut off or something like that. sounds like ur gonna have some fun!

Reaction score
I find myself stuck somewhere between the 2 of U. While there is no way I could work with only 1 keyboard...I don't have any "groupies", so I wouldn't lug 6 or 8 of them around either.

I don't believe that any 1 keyboard has good enough sounds across the board, in every category. I am currently using only 2 keyboards...but I think I would draw the line @ 4. I love my Triton Extreme. It has pretty good sounds across the board, but I don't think it's the best in EVERY category. I also use a Nord Electro 3...mostly for organ, but also for EPs and Strings. I would love to have a Motif XF8 as my main board. Those sounds are amazing...plus, the ability to use samples without constantly re-loading them is tight. Then I would have Komplete 7 loaded on a MacBook Pro...and have it ran Midi into my Triton Extreme. So technically, I would have 3 keyboards to lug around, but I would be using the MacBook as the brains for the 4th. Just my 2 cents.

Ask a Question