Midi connection help needed

Reaction score
I have a Yamaha DGX-640 that I need to hook up to the Garage Band on my MacPro. When I plug in the connecting cable, nothing happens. The Owner's Manual says "...the appropriate driver software must be properly installed on your computer..." But I don't remember ever getting a CD-ROM to install when I bought it years ago. And now it's discontinued and I can't find a download anywhere that can help.

Any suggestions out there? I'm so frustrated! Thanks for any information you can provide.

Reaction score
Thank you so much, happyrat1. I had Googled, but was sent to a site of downloads, but none were applicable to my Mac. Your link included the correct download for my Mac. I'm still a newbie learning about Macs vs PC, but I was able to muddle through and download the correct software. Once I did, it worked like a charm and my keyboard is now talking to Garage Band. Thank you again. Your help made my day.

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
Glad to hear it's working for you now Carol.

Now enjoy yourself and make some rockin' beats :D

Gary ;)

Ask a Question