need help again- MIDI challenged!

Reaction score
Maybe someone can assist-
I have a Kurzweil PC88 MIDI'd to a Korg M50- (use the PC88 mostly for piano)

I play a song where I am using a combo MIDI Piano/guitar sound with both boards. The sound is perfect and fins for what I need- however- I also need to start the song with a sustained "synth/string" sound running continually in background (just one note).
In other words- using the 2 boards- I want to have the one note start the song and stay sustained for about a minute, while I then play the opening using the combo MIDI sound with the 2 boards- Do I need another board to play that one note/sound? Or can I configure the M50 somehow to play that one note on it's own?....

Reaction score
You need a separate sustain pedal attached to the M50 and a midi out from PC88 to M50 in.

Set up a multi on the M50 with the string sound on midi channel 1, the guitar on midi channel 2. Set the PC88 to transmit on midi channel 2 only.

When you play the PC88 you'll get the PC88 piano sound and the M50 guitar sound. When you play the M50 you should get only the string sound. Use the sustain pedal attached to the M50 to hold the string note.

Good luck

Ask a Question