need some advice...controlers

Reaction score
Hey everyone...
My Roland XP-80's keyboard has become unplayable....I won't get into it but it's toast...repairs will cost $500 to replace it...I'm thinking of getting a controler to midi up to it...any sugestions?...I don't gig with it, just record.
Are there any controlers that can store patches?
Thanks

Reaction score
probably should have made this clear...electronics work perfectly, just the keyboard is shot

Reaction score
personally, I dont like controllers....a controller has no sounds or any way to store them....if you want a good one, you would have to pay somewhere between 700 to 1000.00 anyway....and for that kind of money, you could have a decent synth with a whole new library of sounds........just my opinion

keyplayer

Reaction score
yes I am aware of that...but the XP-80 is a workstation (that works perfectly except for the keyboard) that would cost $2000 to replace.

Reaction score
Studio Logic VMK 188 plus

I bought a VMK 188-plus in October and love it. I had an older Peavey that finally played out a year or so ago. I bought several controllers, and sent them back. I love this controller. Has graded hammer action keys. Lots of sliders and knobs to controller virtual synths. I think it's a great controller especially for someone that wants a feel closer to a real piano.

Ask a Question