Obsolete Keyboards...not on the market today!

Reaction score
Thank you for the thread space...I guess I had this coming:rolleyes:

I'm going to start this keyboard brand specific "obsolete keyboards" with my own Ensoniq ZR76...which was bought out by Emu, now Emu has put the whole Ensoniq sound bank on a very expensive workstation, theOpen Labs Neko TSE http://www.musiciansfriend.com/prod...dition-Keyboard-Production-Station?sku=703216

Which leads me to suspect my favorite sound banks on the ZR76 aren't that crazy after-all. I hope to get some responses to these vintage keyboards right here. Yes, I know some of the major brands listed on the forum have vintage keys, but they aren't obsolete and hard to find.

I'd love to be able to get the whole sound bank that's on the Open Labs Ensoniq selection with out shelling out 5$K for this keyboard workstation...I need to investigate this further...all comments on obsolete keys is welcome...Thanks!:)

Reaction score
so I'm guessing there's no key players here using obsolete keyboards. I couldn't find any references to the ZR76 sound bank as a seperate card from Open Labs. Seems like Emu would offer this, since they bought out Ensoniq.

Reaction score
I'm using an casio CT 420, does that count as old? It hasn't got a screen or MIDI out or anything. in fact, it's pretty basic. But I'm just a begginer anyway so i'm not fussed.

Reaction score
Sunday my DS and I played somewhat older models of Fisher Price's 8-key and 4-key pianos, along with an 8-bar xylophone. At just under two, he's definitely a beginner, but he sure lit up when his finger suddenly started playing his favorite Christmas tune, Jingle Bells. He didn't bang on all the keys at the same time quite so much after that. :D

OK, you can thwack me now, but it was fun playing!

Ask a Question