One touch Sound change

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I am new here and impressed by the information provided therefore decided to register :)

I am really looking forward as a keyboard novice but experienced piano player to learn some tips.

So I thought considering alot of you know what you are talking about I would ask this question I cannot find a straight answer to anywhere, even google.

I have a Casio keyboard, and I know I cannot do this on mine but will look for another keyboard to purchase if it is at all possible and I know what the jargon means.

My scenario:

I play in a band. We have tried some Beatles songs in the past and in many there is often a need for me to change from the piano sound to rock organ actually within the song live.

At the moment I rely on remembering the sound preset number and taking one hand off the keyboard and changing as quickly as possible without making a mistake to then switch sounds. Yet I thought.... this surely is something manufactuers realise sometimes may want to be done within a performance? I have a one touch button for changing back to the grand piano which is brilliant, but what I miss is a one touch button that could before a performance be preset to some other sound enabling a quick switch.

Hopefully you understand me? :)

I dont want to pay the earth for keyboard probably £200 max as I really dont need one with these weird wacky features. Just about 61+ keys and a variety of sounds/rythmns. So before I look what feature is this called?

I have seen OTS (One touch setting) but no where explains what this actually is...

Hope you can help me.

Regards

Matt

Ask a Question