Problem with midi control

Reaction score
Hello! i have a digital piano connected to a computer via a roland UM-ONE midi cable. I play in the Kontakt Player program and I have the following problem. I am loading a church organ that has 5 registers. I want each register to turn on separately by pressing a button on my piano (not a key of a certain note but a button above them). In the program, I right-click on each register separately and click learn midi and set them to different buttons. But whatever button I press is always one and the same register, it doesn't change. As if all the buttons on the piano have the same address. Does anyone know what the problem is?

Reaction score
I'd start by pressing the buttons while running a MIDI monitor app, and see what is actually being sent by all those controls.

SeaGtGruff

I meant to play that note!
Reaction score
Ditto on the above. Some of the buttons on a keyboard may send MIDI messages, but a lot of times the buttons are for controlling the keyboard rather than an external device, so they might not even send any MIDI at all. It's best to use a MIDI monitor program to see what, if anything, is being sent.

Ask a Question