Stand alone keyboard?

Reaction score
Can I suggest that you feed it through a set of good quality powered speakers or a good Amp so you can hear if the sound quality is up to expectations, its your....sounds are “ok”...... that is causing me to write this.

If you are not happy with the sound quality through kit as above then you could return it and start the hunt again.

Reaction score
I'll probably try and find some descent (small) little monitors to attack to the stand. This whole purchase was to have it in the living-room and ready to noodle. I like it enough that I'm not going to go through the effort to return it. I tried it with some headphones and it sounded pretty good.

Reaction score
The funny thing is, in the original posts, you never mentioned that you wanted the board to have built in speakers, so it's kind of a bonus that it has any at all. ;-)

Reaction score
The funny thing is, in the original posts, you never mentioned that you wanted the board to have built in speakers, so it's kind of a bonus that it has any at all. ;-)

That's the big part of why I mentioned not having to be tethered to my computer;) Of course, I wouldn't have purchased one that didn't. I didn't expect them to sound great, in fact, I really like that they're out of the way on the Numa. For the $$ I was willing to spend, I didn't think that outboard speakers were going to be great anyway. So, I knew I could always plug it into something down the road. If I can come up with something that is small and I can attach the stand (which has about 4"-5" extra inches in back anyway...that would be perfect. I don't think that the Numa speakers are "horrible"...however, they're on the back and facing away;) The trade off is that it's slim, narrow and light...which is more important to me than it having great onboard sound;) All-in-all...I think it was the PERFECT recommendation:)

Eventually, I'm gong to be upgrading my studio monitors...so, the Numa might inherit the old ones;)

Reaction score
That's the big part of why I mentioned not having to be tethered to my computer;)
Ah! Actually, tons of keyboards have no speakers and no need to be tethered to a computer (i.e. they have built-in sounds). They are designed to be plugged into some kind of external amp/speaker. (And of course headphones are always another possibility.) But I'm glad it all worked out, and you're happy with the board!

Reaction score
Ah! Actually, tons of keyboards have no speakers and no need to be tethered to a computer (i.e. they have built-in sounds). They are designed to be plugged into some kind of external amp/speaker.

I understand that, I was hoping for something that could be stand-alone and not require external amplification. I can go over and push one button and blamo! I certainly can hook up some power...I've got plenty of it around here;) I really like that it has the sound banks and effects right there...with controls of their own. Super easy to change stuff without trying to read the tiny screen;)

Ask a Question