Very very cheap Midi controller

Reaction score
Noooooo Gary.

We understood £/s/p perfectly.

We could never afford a Cab anyway it was bus or walk.

Our Chippies (Bus Conductors) did not even have to look at the coin we gave as our fare such was their coin handling skills.

Being brought up in a seaside during the holiday season the town had a vast influx of people on their Summer Holidays, one favourite pastime was glueing a penny to the pavement and watching the Scots try to pick up the coin.

Reaction score
Actually a lot of US/Canadian Border Towns accept either one at par whenever they are trying to attract cross border shoppers.

Personally I haven't visited the US in over twenty years ever since you guys went all bananas about border security and started treating every visitor like a common criminal :p

And every year the hysteria just seems to become worse and worse.

We're still waiting for you guys to build a wall to keep the gun loving, prescription buying Americans out of our country. :D :D :D

And by the way, nobody here likes to see American coins and bills in their change either :p

Gary ;)
I believe it. Oh well, I would like to visit above the border someday but, with my old NYS drivers license, the US wouldn't let me back in.

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
My god what a horrible system for accounting.

I think decimalization was the best thing to happen to bookkeepers in both countries since the barter system.

Like I said, this system had to be invented by cab drivers to screw tourists.

Gary ;)

Rayblewit

Love Music / Love Life
Reaction score
Actually the old pound system had one advantage over decimal being a base of 12 rather than 10 makes fractions simpler and whole numbers.
A quarter or 12 is 3 and a third is 4
A quarter of 10 is 2.5 and a third is 3.3333
Ray

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
That's a very specious argument. How is 7/12ths better than 0.7?

Prices tend to be XX.98 or XX.99 anyway.

And I'd rather shoot myself in the head than try to calculate 13% VAT or GST in pounds, shillings and pence. :eek:

Gary ;)

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
If this post was really on topic the original poster would be asking us how to get rid of a ten year old MIDI controller :p

Gary ;)

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
Agreed. We should have held him at gunpoint and forced him to buy an 88 Key Roli Seaboard instead :p

Seriously, the only keyboard I know these days that sells new for under a hundred smackers is a Casio SA-76... :D

Gary ;)

Ask a Question